How to Apply
for Bristol-Myers Squibb Foundation Grants
We receive many requests for funding annually. Bristol-Myers Squibb is proud to support strategic initiatives that help address health disparities in four key areas: HIV/AIDS in Africa, hepatitis in Asia, serious mental illness in the United States and cancer in central and eastern Europe.
Although we are unable to fund all requests, we will review all complete proposals that fall into the above mentioned categories. Please allow at least six to eight weeks for the processing of your completed funding application. Funding requests submitted without complete information may be rejected.
Apply for a U.S.-based grant
Apply for a non-U.S.-based grant
Please note that in order to be eligible for a charitable contribution, any U.S. recipient organization must be a tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c) (3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code.
Before you start the process, please be sure to have the following information available:
- U.S. -- Federal tax I.D. number for your organization.
- U.S. -- Copy of your organization’s 50l(c)(3) document & mission statement.
- Copy of the organizing documents, i.e., certificate of incorporation or bylaws.
- Description of the rules applicable to the applicant with respect to the distribution of the organization's income, if any.
- Description of the rules applicable to the organization with respect to participation in any political or similar activities.
- Description of the applicant's other sources of financial support, if any.
- If and where available and relevant, an affidavit stating that the applicant is a public charity or the equivalent of a public charity.
- Valid e-mail address.
- Verification of your role within the requesting organization.
- List of organization’s board of directors and executive officers.
Bristol-Myers Squibb does not provide funding for:
- Capital Campaigns
- Church, religious, sectarian organizations
- Dinners, galas, sporting events
- Souvenir Journals, advertising
- Political causes