- Since late 2002, we have delivered 13 important new products to patients in need, including three in 2011 alone.
- Since 2007, we have executed 18 transactions under our business development strategy, called String of Pearls – a series of select acquisitions and alliances with biotech partners through a series of highly strategic transactions in targeted disease areas.
- Biologics account for about one-third of our compounds in development.
- We invested $3.8 billion in research & development in 2011.
Product Approvals Since 2002
- ABILIFY® (aripiprazole), November 2002, new molecular entity
- REYATAZ® (atazanavir sulfate), June 2003, new molecular entity
- ERBITUX® (cetuximab), February 2004, new molecular entity
- BARACLUDE® (entecavir), March 2005, new molecular entity
- ORENCIA® (abatacept), December 2005, new molecular entity
- SPRYCEL® (dasatinib), June 2006, new molecular entity
- ATRIPLA® (efavirenz / emtricitabine /tenofovir disoproxil fumarate), July 2006
- IXEMPRA™ (ixabepilone), October 2007, new molecular entity
- ONGLYZA™ (saxagliptin), July 2009, new molecular entity
- KOMBIGYLZE™ XR (saxagliptin and metformin HCI extended release), November 2010
- YERVOY™ (ipilimumab), new molecular entity, March 2011
- NULOJIX® (belatacept), new molecular entity, June 2011
Bristol-Myers Squibb Company and Tsinghua University of Beijing, China,announced the formation of a multi-year strategic partnership. Under the agreement, Bristol-Myers Squibb will fund research efforts at Tsinghua University’s School of Life Sciences to identify and validate novel targets in oncology and immunoscience.
Bristol-Myers Squibb and Meso Scale Discovery Enter Agreement to Develop Diagnostic Assays for Alzheimer’s Disease
Bristol-Myers Squibb and Duke Translational Medicine Institute Form Strategic Relationship to Broaden Interactions
Bristol-Myers Squibb Completes Acquisition of Inhibitex, Inc.
Bristol-Myers Squibb and the Gladstone Institutes Enter Three-Year Discovery Partnership in Alzheimer’s Disease
Simcere and Bristol-Myers Squibb Enter Innovative Partnership to Develop Cardiovascular Compound
Bristol-Myers Squibb Enters Clinical Collaboration Agreement with Tibotec Pharmaceuticals for Phase II Combination Study in Patients Chronically Infected with Hepatitis C
ASLAN Pharmaceuticals and Bristol-Myers Squibb Enter Innovative Partnership to License and Develop Investigational Oncology Compound
Company Receives Skin Sense Award by the Skin Cancer Foundation for YERVOY™ (ipilimumab)
Bristol-Myers Squibb Scientist John E. Macor Recognized as 2011 Fellow of the American Chemical Society for Significant Contribution to Medicinal Chemistry
Bristol-Myers Squibb Scientist Tanya Fischer Receives Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers
Bristol-Myers Squibb and Ambrx Announce Collaboration for Novel Biologics Programs in Diabetes and Heart Failure
Bristol-Myers Squibb and Saladax Biomedical Expand Collaboration for Diagnostic Assays for Alzheimer’s Disease
Bristol-Myers Squibb and Ono Enter into Strategic Agreement for Anti-PD-1 Antibody, BMS-936558/ONO-4538, and ORENCIA® (abatacept)
Bristol-Myers Squibb Completes Acquisition of Amira Pharmaceuticals
Bristol-Myers Squibb and Innate Pharma Announce Breakthrough Global License Agreement for an Investigational Immuno-Oncology Biologic
Bristol-Myers Squibb and Roche Enter into a Clinical Collaboration Agreement to Conduct Combination Studies with YERVOY™ (ipilimumab) and Vemurafenib
Bristol-Myers Squibb and WuXi PharmaTech Announce Collaboration for a New Analytical and Stability Testing Facility
Bristol-Myers Squibb and Pharmasset Enter into a Clinical Collaboration Agreement for Proof of Concept Combination Study in Patients Chronically Infected with Hepatitis C
R&D Directions Names Bristol-Myers Squibb’s Pipeline Most Innovative
Cleveland Clinic Names Ipilimumab a Top Innovation
Bristol-Myers Squibb and Oncolys BioPharma Enter Global Licensing Agreement for Investigational HIV Compound
Simcere and Bristol-Myers Squibb Enter Innovative Partnership to Develop Early-Stage Oncology Compound
Ipilimumab Team Receives the 2010 Vision of Hope Award from the Melanoma Research Foundation
Bristol-Myers Squibb Completes Acquisition of ZymoGenetics, Inc.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Signs Agreements with ICON and PAREXEL to Support Greater Efficiencies in Clinical Development
Bristol-Myers Squibb and Allergan, Inc. Announce Global Agreement for Development and Commercialization of an Oral Medication for Treatment of Neuropathic Pain
Please click on the product links to see the Full Prescribing Information including Boxed WARNINGS for ABILIFY®, ATRIPLA®, BARACLUDE®, and NULOJIX®, Boxed WARNING for YERVOY™ regarding immune-mediated adverse reactions, and Boxed WARNINGS for ERBITUX® regarding infusion reactions and cardiopulmonary arrest.
Click here for trademark information on Bristol-Myers Squibb products.