Facts and Figures
- The Aichi plant is approximately 12,170 square meters on a site of 23,520 square meters (5.8 acres).
Types of products produced, researched, or distributed
- The facility is mainly the site for primary and secondary packaging of hormone preparations, epidermis products, oncological products, antibiotic products, and antiviral products.
- Products are distributed only for the domestic Japanese market.
Community and Social Progress
Employee volunteering, 2007-09 (examples or hours/year)
- Employees donate blood to the Japan Red Cross Organization every year.
- Employees participate in local clean-up activities in June as Environment month in Japan.
- Monthly Safety & Health Committee
- Safety & Health Self Inspection
- Near-miss incidents / Accident Communication
- Safe Drive Check
Awards and recognition
- In 2010, the Aichi plant received the gold award from the Japan Red Cross Organization in recognition of years of dedication of blood donation.
Support to local emergency response organizations.
Environmental performance data and highlights
- Several Aichi employees belong to the local volunteer fire brigade. They are also members of the Aichi plant fire fighting team and train other employees.
- An evacuation drill is executed biannually. This is held to train our skill for an emergency situation.
- Several Aichi employees receive emergency aid training every year.
In addition, they also receive orientation training for Automated External Defibrillator (AED) .
Sustainability 2010 goals
- Total Energy Use: 23.3% reduction from 2001 baseline operating result
- Water Use: 11.9% reduction from 2001 baseline operating result
- Air Emissions Management
- Carbon Dioxide: 20.8% reduction from 2001 baseline operating result
Sustainability 2015 goals
- Aichi plant has launched the Sustainability 2015 Goal project team in 2010, to support achievement of the following targets:
- Water: 10% reduction absolute from 2009 baseline operating results
- Energy: 15% reduction absolute from 2009 baseline operating results
- Greenhouse Gases: 15% reduction GHG emissions from 2009 baseline operating results
- Land conservation / endangered species activities
- Employees and their families participated in efforts to beach clean-up for Protection of Loggerhead Sea Turtles in 2010.
|Total energy use
|Nonhazardous waste disposed
|Hazardous waste off-site treatment/disposal
Facility Contact Information
Main site phone number +81-564-62-2620