Facts and Figures
- The Shanghai Facility is located in the Minghang district of Shanghai,
covering 58,000 square meters with total floor space of 37,000 square
- The Shanghai facility is a pharmaceutical plant that manufactures:
Community and Social Progress
- Examples of Local charitable contributions:
- Adopted a China tiger that is ranked the number one endangered
species worldwide by donating US$12,500.
- Supported project "Charity Medical Card" by providing
six million RMB worth of medicines in three years to the designated
285 hospitals and community hygiene centers to help some poor residents
who have not been covered by the municipal medical issuance system
to obtain basic charity medical aid.
- Donated 3,000,000 RMB worth of Theragran JR to the poor pupils
in the Shanghai area and DaYingBAng primary school in Yuexi county
of Sichuan LiangZhou Yi, autonomous prefecture aimed at improving
the health of children.
- Contributed $50,000 to The China Foundation for Hepatitis Prevention
and Control (CFHPC) on the project of "Analysis of current
hepatitis spreading situation and related issues in China."
- Rebuilt a road in the community and beautified the two sides along
the road with total investment of U.S. $37,000.
- Evidence-based medical seminar to brief doctors of the latest clinic
research and treatment practices.
- Live broadcasting of latest clinic research results through satellite
to doctors in 20 cities.
- Education campaigns on chronic and common diseases in collaboration
with major media in various provinces.
- Gold Theragran Vitamin nutrition and health education campaign in
- Children health education campaign in Shanghai to promote health awareness
among children in the city by children-friendly activities.
- Bufferin Drug Box program to promote OTC self-medication knowledge.
Awards and recognition:
- Shanghai has received the following honors given by the government:
- High Technology Enterprise
- Model Enterprise
- Best Image Enterprises in Shanghai
- Top 10 Pharmaceutical Joint-Ventures in China
Practices using local products and services:
- Shanghai developed more than 60 vendors inside China, some of which are
able to provide their products worldwide.
SASS management has set several aggressive goals in these areas:
- Continuously improve EHS awareness of all employees on site, as well
as contractors. Educating employees on EHS will improve performance
- Achieve the "Three Zeros:" Zero fire, zero professional-related
diseases, and zero professional-related injuries.
- The Shanghai facility plans to be an EHS leader in China's pharmaceutical
industry by integrating EHS into all business phases and creating an
accident-free work environment.
- The Shanghai facility continues to be an industry leader in ISO 14001
Safety performance highlights:
Facility Contact Information
- In Shanghai, EHS training is incorporated into the orientation program
for employees new to the site and for employee rotation. This training
covers the company's commitment to safety and environmental protection.
- As a standard practice, Shanghai conducts safety evaluation prior to purchasing
a new machine or designing a new project and conducts a comprehensive
inspection including GMP and EHS. As such, most hardware-associated
hazards were eliminated at the design phase.
- As a result of the above best practice, Shanghai made measurable progress
towards creating an accident-free work site.