Facts and Figures
Bristol-Myers Squibb Agen is comprised of two manufacturing and packing facilities (Gascogne and Guyenne), two distribution centers (Gaussens and La Plaine) and an insert printing workshop.
- The Gascogne facility contains 40,000 square meters of buildings on a site of 13 hectares.
- The Guyenne site contains 11,000 square meters on a site of 1.16 hectares.
- Total number of employees: 1,400 (1,200 in the two manufacturing and packaging sites and 200 in the two distribution centers).
Types of production
- The Gascogne plant is dedicated to the production and packaging of dry forms, mostly effervescent tablets and sachets. In 2011, the plant produced 223 million finished packs.
- The Guyenne plant is dedicated to the production and packaging of tablets, ointments, syrups, capsules, and suppositories. The 2011 production was 169 million finished packs.
Recent construction or expansion
- In 2012, a 6.8 M€ building was constructed at the Gascogne site to house four tableting machines and provide storage for bulk granules and tablets. A new wastewater treatment plant was also constructed.
Community & Social Progress
|Capital Investment 2009-2011
Social policy provides cohesion within the Agen sites. Key to our success is employee commitment and a culture based on respect. Agen promotes diversity and support of those with disabilities. We encourage inclusion and respect for how individual differences contribute to our collective performance. It means understanding that each individual is unique, and recognizing our differences. And as a top management priority, diversity allows us to forge powerful collaborations. We are particularly committed to advancing disabled people in the workplace. Agen has demonstrated a constant effort with its employees and real support throughout their professional careers.
At the same time, we encourage a high level of social dialogue and equal opportunity. In all departments and facilities our policy is to provide employees with a healthy, safe and motivating working environment.
Several action plans and initiatives have been implemented to reduce energy consumption and minimize environmental impact:
- We installed ionic catalyzers on the gas boilers allowing an energy savings of 7% per year.
- We installed rain water recovery system in 2010, saving 1000 m3 of city water per year.
- In order to protect the wildlife at the Gascogne site, we installed several bird houses and birdfeeders.
- We reduced common wastes more than 70% since 2008 by implementing a waste platform to sort common wastes, allowing recycling of papers, metal scraps, and plastics.
- We encourage protection of endangered species like the turtle cistude.
Facility Contact Information
|Key Facility Environmental Performance Metrics 2012
|Total Energy Use
Main site phone number (0) 5 53 69 84 44