Manati, Puerto Rico
Community and Social Progress
Our patients and customers, our community, the environment and the safety & health of our employees are among our highest priorities.
- BMS Manatí has been recognized by the Puerto Rico Manufacturers Association with the Safety Achievement Award for reducing the recordable accident rate from 75% to 89% below the national average.
- BMS Manatí promotes and encourages the participation of our employees in environmental awareness and emergency preparedness activities within the community.
- We sponsor educational activities in different schools in our community where our employees share experience and knowledge with students and school authorities. For example, we encourage sustainability of the neighboring schools and the environment by supporting the “Small Environmentalists Group” from the Cruz Rosa Rivas School, the “Recycling Program” from the Piaget Academy, and the “Sport Program” from the Juan S. Marchand School.
- BMS promotes conscientious citizenship through our participation of the Manati Community Awareness & Emergency Response Program (CAER). Through this program, BMS supports different communities to educate our neighbors about the preservation of the health, wellbeing and the protection of the natural resources.
- We seek to lead our employees and the community by encouraging values of social responsibility by involving the neighborhood, government agencies and employees in a common effort to protect the environment by conducting the annual beach clean up campaign at the Mar Chiquita Beach.
BMS Manatí Operations is committed to the preservation of the natural resources. The EHS organization is focused on compliance, performance, and continuous improvement while driving the organization towards sustainable processes to prevail over new challenges. Specifically, in recent years, the following initiatives have been implemented:
Facility Contact Information
- Since 2008, the facility “Energy Team” has implemented a series of initiatives to significantly support the organizational commitment to the conservation of natural resources.
- Energy reduction projects have been implemented resulting in lower energy consumption by using a cleaner fuel while reducing the emission footprint.
- Reuse and recycling initiatives have been implemented as a central effort in our program to preserve the environment. We strive to minimize the environmental impact of our operation by maintaining our recycling effort, and in recent years have recycled 54% of total waste.
- The Puerto Rico Manufactures Association recognized BMS Manatí for Outstanding Environmental Leadership for the implementing production changes as a resource conservation initiative.
- In a housekeeping initiative, more than 200,000 pounds of office equipment and miscellaneous materials were distributed through donation events.