Manati, Puerto Rico
To be the Bristol-Myers Squibb benchmark manufacturing and supply organization known for driving exceptional BioPharma performance built on a firm foundation of Operational Excellence.
Facts and Figures
- Land: 33 acres
- Building: 460,000 square feet
- People: 450 employees
- Aseptic Processing
- Filling/Lyophilization of vials
- Isolation Technology
- Filling/Lyophilization of vials
- Filling of Syringes
- Terminal Sterilization
- Inspection & Packaging
- Oral Solid Dosage
- Dry granulation, Slugging, Milling/Blending, Compression
Current Commercial Products:
Community and Social Progress
- Orencia IV
- Abilify IM
- Orencia SC
Our patients and customers, our community, the environment and the safety & health of our employees are among our highest priorities.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Manatí promotes and encourages the participation of our employees in environmental awareness and emergency preparedness activities within the community.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb sponsors educational activities in schools of our community where our employees share experience and knowledge with students and school authorities.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb promotes conscientious citizenship through our participation in the Manati Community Awareness & Emergency Response Program (CAER). Through this program, Bristol-Myers Squibb educates the community about safety and health, wellbeing and the protection of natural resources.
- Because our most important value is our people, we maintain a safe and healthy work environment through the implementation of a robust Risk Management Program.
- The EHS Management System synergizes to lead, maintain and continuously improve our safety culture, sustain our regulatory compliance record and engage the organization to ensure a safe work environment.
In June 2012, the Manati facility received the President’s Safety Award from the Puerto Rico Manufactures Association (PRMA) for achieving a Recordable Workday Case Rate from 50 percent to 74 percent below the National Average during 2011. The purpose of the award is to provide recognition for good safety performance and encourage programs for the reduction and elimination of work injuries.
Manati also received recognition for participation in the Innovation Safety Program by presenting the EHS Educational Prevention Program. The Emergency Response Team (ERT) personnel demonstrated with other ERT groups Level B equipment and Medical Emergency management.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Manatí Operations is committed to the preservation of natural resources. The EHS organization is focused on compliance, performance, and continuous improvement while driving the organization towards sustainable processes. Specifically, in recent years, the following initiatives have been implemented:
Facility Contact Information
- The Energy Team has implemented a series of initiatives to significantly support the organizational commitment to the conservation of natural resources.
- The Puerto Rico Aqueducts and Sewer Authority Recognized Bristol-Myers Squibb Manati for its effort to maintain sustainable compliance with the Waste Water Pre-Treatment Program during 2011.
- Energy reduction projects have been implemented, resulting in lower energy consumption and a reduced emission footprint by using a cleaner fuel.
- In 2012, the Manati facility received six Environmental Recognition Awards from the Puerto Rico Manufacturers Association.
- Reuse and recycling initiatives have been implemented as a central effort in our program to preserve the environment. We strive to minimize the environmental impact of our operation by maintaining our recycling effort, and in recent years have recycled 50% of total waste and have been recognized by the Puerto Rico Manufacturers Association with the Silver Award.
- Recognized Projects
- Steam Reduction
- Air Handling Unit Temperature Setback
- Illumination Improvement
- Compressed Air Leakage Correction
- Cooling Tower Shutdown
- Power Factor Correction