Medical and Regulatory Affairs
The role is to be a trusted, agile partner who engages in influential dialogue and delivers timely, high impact data and insights that advance the science or accelerate access, shape medical practice and drive appropriate adoption of BMS medicines. The role is has a high level of independence, experience as a coach/mentor, and may act as medical representatives, as appropriate. While the role is still a customer-focused role, they may spend additional time in cross functional matrix collaborations, depending on local product lifecycle. Below is the role of the Medical Lead Hong Kong.
Country Medical Lead accountable for leading the Hong Kong medical team and for providing a comprehensive and proactive medical service for supporting R&D, medical information, pharmacovigilance, market access and all relevant business functions as appropriate. The Medical Lead Hong Kong will be a key member of the Pac Rim Cluster medical team supporting the Medical Lead Pac Rim, as well as the communication between the WWMTs and the Hong Kong medical team. The Medical Lead Hong Kong will also be a member of the Hong Kong Operating Committee
1. External Environment and Customer Focus
- Role model in developing and maintaining peer-to-peer relationships and close contacts with Thought Leaders, appropriate HCPs, and access stakeholders, within a given geography to answer unsolicited product and HEOR related questions.
- Master proficiency in available scientific resources and presentations. Effectively present information to HCPs, as appropriate, ensuring medical accuracy and compliance with local procedures, ethical and legal guidelines and directives.
- Actively profile the medical and competitive landscape to effectively evolve planning at the market level within the medical team and matrix leadership teams, as appropriate.
- Collect, analyze and present meaningful medical insights back to the medical and commercial organizations at brand team meetings to be actioned in support of the strategy development.
2. Design and Deliver the Medical Plan
- Provide strategic input into the development of Brand plans and act as a role model in developing and executing the medical plan and related TL interaction plans. May contribute to regional / Worldwide medical plans, as appropriate.
- Deliver scientifically meaningful medical programs proposals and ensure flawless execution of medical activities to support overarching medical plan execution.
- Discuss and deliver Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) evidence based information reactively (ie, to government agencies, healthcare organizations, and payers), as appropriate.
3. Provide Medical Support
- Supervise a field-based medical team with ensuring full external focus and priority on high-quality customer interactions.
- Lead cross functional collaboration within matrix teams to ensure appropriate embedding of the medical perspective and aligned focus in key critical execution to achieve overall medical strategies and objectives.
- Represent medical as a key reference point for internal stakeholders and a regional reference for other SA’s (mentor or coach); demonstrate the ability to train SA’s by supporting with role play simulations and/or co-visits, while acting as a role model.
- Facilitate continuous improvement towards higher quality work and promote innovation within the local team.
- Lead the development of the medical / scientific sections of pricing and reimbursement files, if appropriate.
4. Support Clinical Trial Activities
- Identify local needs and provide input into NRDG strategy development, as appropriate.
- Contribute to the “early prioritization” of development programs for the country by collating and integrating data on disease incidence / prevalence, treatment patterns, unmet medical needs and interest from the scientific community, as appropriate; Serve as point of reference for compounds in early development.
- Act as medical study director / study monitor and complete the designated training for these roles, if appropriate and in agreement with local medical management.
- Actively track study performance and contribute with insights and solutions.
- Ensure that BMS Pharmacovigilance procedural documents are understood and applied by Investigators of local studies, and alert appropriate BMS personnel to any identified Adverse Events.
- Medical doctor (physician), PharmD or PhD, with experience in a specific Disease Area or with a broad medical background Or Science graduate with substantial and relevant pharmaceutical experience
- Extensive knowledge and/or experience of healthcare and access environments
- Extensive expertise in and knowledge of the medical organization
- Excellent performance within the last 2 years;
- Therapeutic Area point of reference for internal/external stakeholders with superior disease Area knowledge and understanding scientific publications
- Expert knowledge of a scientific or clinical area
- Expert knowledge of relevant BMS products highly desirable.
- Expert of clinical trial design and process
- Demonstrated track record of the above
- Training others and working as a mentor
- Market / Regional / WW initiative contribution which generated value to the organization