Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
The Business Development, Search & Evaluation opportunity is a full-time, permanent role at the Manager, Associate Director, Director, or Sr. Director level
Expected Areas of Competence
The Search & Evaluation candidate will possess strong scientific expertise in the life sciences and biopharmaceutical industry. An understanding of the drug discovery and development process is required, as the candidate will lead both scouting activities and evaluation/diligence of novel therapeutic opportunities for both licensing and M&A, while supporting transactional activities. Within BMS, the candidate is required to have strong personal skills and work with multiple internal stakeholders to facilitate highly visible and time-sensitive business development projects. Furthermore, the candidate will be able to lead the delivery of scientific, clinical, technical and commercial assessments and evaluations to the relevant BMS governance bodies.
- Demonstrate leadership and scientific rigor while collaborating closely with internal BD, R&D and Commercial stakeholders and potential external partners and other sources of opportunities.
- The candidate would be responsible for partnering with the Transactions function within BD to establish excellent working relationships with cross-functional team members.
- Lead proactive external outreach in their areas of focus to identify and initially qualify partnering or acquisition opportunities fitting BMS BD priorities.
- Support formulation of therapeutic area strategy for their focus area while driving the execution of external business development elements.
- Lead the delivery of assessments of technical/commercial risks and team recommendations of external opportunities for BMS governance body endorsement.
- Efficiently process and triage opportunities, lead team meetings, and communicate updates to leadership
- Responsible for coordinating team meetings, preparing agendas, and minutes for various BD related teams as needed.
- Assist in coordinating BD external partnering events (JPM, BIO, BIO EU,BMS Partnering Days etc.), including materials such as presentations, FAQ and related documents).
- Coordinate with Therapeutic Area leads and BD operations team to ensure project information is updated for BD governance meetings.
- Lead Diligence Team:
- Diligence planning and meeting scheduling
- Meeting agendas/materials/minutes
- Ensure team access to external company e-room
- Lead diligence interactions with external parties
- Manage team SharePoint
- Lead development and drafting of diligence team deliverables
- Support Transaction BD colleagues in agreement negotiation and contracting as needed.
- MD, PhD, PharmD or other advanced degree in the biomedical field required.
- Relevant business experience in the biopharmaceutical industry or related biotech/healthcare practice (e.g. consulting, investment banking, venture capital).
- Strong analytical, communication and leadership skills.
- The candidate will possess in depth scientific knowledge with understanding of the preclinical drug discovery and clinical development and approval process.
- Proven ability to efficiently lead multiple projects in a matrixed environment with a high degree of independence.
- Consistently delivers on commitments in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate ideas and lead others to accomplish challenging goals and objectives.
- Experience working with both internal and external multidisciplinary teams/customers.
- Can-do attitude and ability to work in a highly matrixed and dynamic business environment including ability to interact and communicate to senior level executives.
- Deep scientific curiosity and commitment to advancing therapeutic innovation that provides better options for patients.
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.