Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
The position of Business Planning and Operations Lead - Cell Therapy Technology & Platforms (CTT) reports to the VP of Cell Therapy Technology & Platforms. The Business Planning and Operations Lead is responsible for managing budget and resource planning activities for CTT, managing communication infrastructure between CTT and: 1) Cell Therapy Development & Operations (CTDO) and 2) Research & Early Development (R&ED), and External Partners. The Business Planning and Operations Lead will develop analyses and insights to address strategic questions of relevance to the CTT Leadership Team, to inform portfolio planning and to support strategic decision making. The incumbent will also help provide high-level business cases for technology development projects.
Primary Responsibilities of the role:
- Independently drive strategic decision making related to project business cases, prioritization for technology and Manufacturing & Testing Platform projects for cell & gene therapy products.
- Drive strategic decision making through rigorous, fact-based quantitative analysis, and the synthesis of insights into actionable recommendations. Also develop, refine and implement quantitative financial tools to support robust decision making
- Oversee annual goal setting process and reporting system.
- Work closely with CTT technology and platform teams to develop integrated assessments for technology investment choices to support cell & gene therapy products
- Help develop the long range planning (e.g. Long Range Plan (LRP) or 3 year operating plan) including future investments, benefits and risks for Cell Therapy product portfolio by closely working with the CTT Leadership Team..
- Support strategic business initiatives critical for CTT
- Broad knowledge of the drug development process, industry practices and the evolving landscape of Biopharmaceutical, Cell and Gene Therapy products
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability for strategic thinking, negotiation and influencing skills in a highly matrixed global organization
- Expert in Financial tools and methodologies as well as business analytics and modeling for project evaluation, prioritization, risk and sensitivity analyses
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Operational background with strong business acumen
Education and Experience
- BS required; MBA Preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Finance and/or Business Analytics
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.