Supply Chain and Logistics
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
This role is a newly created position within the cell-therapy division. Cell therapy harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer and other serious diseases. It involves the delivery of whole, living cells to a patient for the treatment of disease. During this autologous process, cells are derived from the patient, modified at our manufacturing facility, and re-administered back to the patient.
The Manager, Order Management has the responsibility to oversee the patient-specific, manufacturing orders on a daily basis. This role is a key link in the communication between Patient Operations, manufacturing scheduling, the Commercial organization, Supply Chain and Finance. The individual works closely with the listed functional areas to ensure that every patient-specific manufacturing batch is processed and delivered on time. Due to the speed and unpredictability of cell therapy, exception management and cross-functional coordination or patient orders is a critical part of the responsibility. Ensuring all patient related artifacts inside the ERP system and boundary systems remain “lined-up” perfectly is essential. These objects include sales orders, manufacturing batches, material lots, apheresis purchase orders and chain of identity numbers.
- Monitor the automatic creation of documents including sales orders, purchase orders and manufacturing batches inside Oracle ERP and act on any exceptions that might occur.
- Be in constant communication with Patient Operations, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and the commercial organizations to coordinate any exception processes required to ensure on-time delivery
- Work with plant scheduling to work through any scheduling conflicts that might have been introduced
- Coordinate with Patient Operations and help accommodate any specific patient requests for delay or pull-in of manufacturing due dates.
- Work with Supply Chain to resolve any master data related issues and identify potential material availability issues
- Work with IT to resolve any technical ERP issues in real time to ensure no supply interruption occurs
- Work with Commercial and Finance to resolve costing, sales order and AP/AR related issues
- Continuously check up on order and manufacturing status across the cell therapy supply chain network.
- Actively engage with business partners across Manufacturing, Patient Operations, Commercial and Supply Chain to analyze business requirements and drive continues improvements
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in Supply Chain, Mathematics, Engineering or Life Sciences
- Have in-depth functional knowledge of the Oracle EBS modules
- 5+ years of experience working in a global biopharmaceutical supply chain with a top tier ERP system (e.g., SAP, Oracle)
- Prior experience in order management, demand/supply planning, production control, inventory management is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of supply chain principles and best practices
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical abilities
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong ability to collaborate and build relationships is critical
- Ability to travel 10%
Our offices, situated in the bustling South Lake Union district of Seattle, sits among some of the most visible organizations in the world. Seattle offers award-winning restaurants, a vibrant, hip music scene and spectacular views of water and mountains. Within an hour’s drive of Seattle, you can be fishing, skiing, hiking or tasting world-class Washington wines.
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.