Supply Chain and Logistics
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
This position is responsible to support the process development and operation of global logistics of products and materials for Celgene’s autologous clinical and commercial supply.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, to the following:
- Manage 3rd party logistics provider, freight forwarders, customs brokers and transportation carriers to ensure proper handling of all CAR-T products and materials.
- Work closely with internal scheduling team to manage and resolve service partner escalations and shipment exceptions issues to keep shipment moving in a compliant and timely manner.
- Drive accountability of 3rd party logistics service provider performance (monthly, quarterly, annually) through comprehensive KPI’s analytics understanding that tracks, monitors, and identifies opportunities to improve CAR-T logistics process while optimizing expense.
- Manage logistics service provider relationship and contract adherence. Provide analytics for all phases of contract administration to ensure clear and unambiguous contract tasks are established and implemented.
- Develop, document, implement, manage and improve import export processes, procedures, SOPs, checklists and tools. Ensure all compliance standard and operating procedures are adhered to during import and export. Provide trainings to related internal and external business partners to increase awareness and compliance
- Ensure operational procedures are maintained in accordance with various regulatory bodies including customs, FDA, USDA, CDC and applicable tax authorities. Monitor and communicate emerging regulation changes.
- Support 3rd party and government led queries, audits, disclosures, submissions and reports
- Identify opportunities and support the creation of new business processes for improvements
- Lead cross-functional projects and convene cross-functional meetings to resolve issues
- Partner with other stakeholders to create and implement best practices
- Participate with the scale-up and commercialization of new products
- Develop and track appropriate KPI to drive results and continuous improvement
- Ensure strong collaborative relationship within Supply Chain group and externally with Commercial and Clinical to consistently elevate the quality of thinking and ideas applied to the business
- Plan and manage projects according to the specifications and deadlines
- 5 to 8 years of overall relevant experience, including minimum of 3 years of experience in bio-pharma, diagnostics, or life science related companies is required. Previous experience in cell therapy or regenerative medicine is highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in International Business, Business Administration or Supply Chain management is preferred
- Expert knowledge of domestic / international transportation and 3rd party logistics management is preferred
- Experience in cold chain logistics of biologicals or regenerative medicine products and materials across the region
- Experience in Import Licensing, Export Licensing, Country of Origin, Valuation, Transfer Pricing, government agencies, including but not limited to US FDA, USDA, CDC.
- Experience with audits and disclosure practices
- A proven record of designing and implementing value added import and export policies and processes.
- Project management experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Hands-on team leader and team player willing to work in an environment where individual initiative, accountability, and professional maturity are required
- Must have strong analytical skills
- Able to synthesize information into a presentation appropriate to the organizational-level of the audience. Able to summarize information concisely and communicate it using appropriate medium
- Must be able to work with limited day-to-day supervision.
- Strong PC experience, Microsoft Office Suite experience required including; Excel; Outlook; PowerPoint
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.