Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
At Bristol-Myers Squibb, we’re creating innovative medicines for patients who are fighting serious diseases. We’re also nurturing our own team with inspiring work and challenging career options. No matter our role, each of us makes a contribution. And that makes all the difference.
The Scientist/Engineer will report to an Upstream Senior Scientist, and will collaborate with a group of Ph.D. scientists and associate scientists to develop robust and scalable mammalian cell culture processes for late stage biologics in BMS’s very robust and very exciting pipeline.
The candidate will work closely with the downstream team, analytical team and other matrix organizations to drive speed to clinical and work with manufacturing sites within the BMS network or Third Party Manufacturing to deliver robust, scalable and economical processes for late stage clinical and commercial supply, and apply her/his expertise in Cell and Molecular Biology to support the group’s objectives.
The successful candidate has the following responsibilities:
• Hands-on operation of lab scale bioreactors for mammalian cell culture processes.
• Upstream process design, optimization, and tech transfer to clinical manufacturing.
• Support process scale up activities in pilot plant and clinical manufacturing sites.
• Prepare/review technical documents including development /tech transfer reports, batch records, SOPs and CMC regulatory submissions.
• Participate on cross functional teams to progress both early and late stage drug candidates.
• Train junior team members in lab operations.
• Recommend innovative new technologies and perform the necessary experiments for evaluation and implementation.
• Develop and implement molecular cell biology tools or assays to characterize cell physiology changes and correlate to cell culture performance, stability or product quality attributes.
• PhD or Masters in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, Cell and Molecular Biology or related field with 0–2 or 4– 6 years, respectively, of relevant industrial and/or academic experience preferred.
• In depth understanding and hands on experience in upstream process development, bioreactor operation and scale- up/down, media development.
• Demonstrated experience with cell and molecular biology methods: quantitative PCR, DNA sequencing, gene editing, ELISA, Western blot, FACS.
• Familiarity with metabolome, transcriptome and proteomic methods.
• Knowledge of statistical experimental design and data analysis.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.