Drug Discovery Research
We are seeking talented and motivated B.S./M.S. synthetic/medicinal chemists who are passionate about joining world-class scientists in the pursuit of innovative therapies at our Cambridge, MA and Princeton, New Jersey locations.
The successful candidate will be skilled in the art of organic synthesis and familiar with modern synthetic methods. The candidate will have demonstrated success in producing results, executing on synthetic routes to target molecules, analytical data interpretation, and troubleshooting reactions/purifications. The candidate will show an increasingly independent ability to design synthetic routes, understand medicinal chemistry, and interpret biological data such that s/he is able to generate testable hypotheses. Good communication skills and a naturally collaborative style are necessary for effective drug discovery team participation.
- B.S. with 2-4 years of external research experience or an M.S. degree with 0-2 years external research experience
- A strong commitment to experimental work - skilled in multi-step synthesis, purification, and characterization of organic compounds
- Experience with HPLC, NMR, MS instrumentation
- Proficient with SciFinder, Chemdraw, and other chemistry-related software
- Familiarity with fundamentals of Medicinal Chemistry and analog design
- A team player who works effectively within a multidisciplinary organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills