Drug Discovery Research
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
The Principal Scientist will be responsible to lead a team of medicinal chemists for the design and synthesis of new agents for the potential treatment of human diseases with emphasis in Oncology, Fibrosis, Cardiovascular, and Immunology disease areas. The individual will apply modern techniques in organic chemistry and utilize current medicinal chemistry practices to solve problems of relevance to the assigned project and therapeutic area.
- Candidates must have a Ph.D. in organic chemistry with 10 years of additional related research experience.
- Strong proficiency in fundamental aspects of drug discovery and demonstrated ability to advance drug discovery programs are required.
- Candidates must have experience in designing and executing multistep synthesis of complex organic molecules using modern techniques in organic chemistry.
- Candidates will have expertise in the purification and characterization of organic compounds (Chromatography and NMR, MS, IR spectroscopy).
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a thorough understanding of medicinal chemistry principles, synthetic methods, and reaction mechanisms are required.
- Good oral/written communication skills and a desire to work in a collaborative team environment are required.
- A track record of innovation documented through co-inventorship on issued patents and authorship of publications in peer-reviewed journals is necessary.
- Candidate should have relevant supervisory experience.
- Experience co-leading multi-disciplinary discovery programs is preferred.