Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
This position is the IT business partner to the Commercial WW Field Force Capability and Market Engagement organizations and accountable for the strategic planning and delivery of digital capabilities to enable the effective execution of field teams through; Enhancing field productivity and competitiveness by simplifying field facing technology with smart analytical proficiency and Engaging internal/external stakeholders to advance the organizations internal capabilities and drive a competitive advantage for field teams.
The individual will primarily partner with the leads of Field Force Capability organization and members of their teams, to identify digital capabilities, build comprehensive business cases that have the greatest impact on the enterprise, set the right expectations, and ensure that IT resources are appropriately engaged to fulfill the intended business outcomes. The individual will manage strategic relationships with a wide range of leaders.
- Owns IT relationship with the Commercial WW Field Force Capability and Market Engagement organizations. Responsible for the strategic planning of digital capabilities for those organizations. The strategic planning will have a secondary focus on the enablement and speed, simplification, and improved outcomes of IT services such as collaboration, workplace services and other relevant technology services.
- Responsible for the development of long-term (24-36 month) roadmaps identifying digital capabilities that have the greatest impact on sales, marketing and access business capabilities worldwide. Develops comprehensive business case(s) to support business outcomes of new/upgraded digital capabilities.
- Responsible for an annual investment portfolio of $3-7M per year.
- Responsible for the communication, implementation and operation of the Digital Capability Governance process. Demonstrate the ability to identify high value differentiating capabilities when making digital capability platform choices.
- Partner with the business unit representatives and internal IT organizations to convert business requirements into functional requirements
- Accountable for committed business outcomes of digital capabilities implemented within the respective area.
- Partner with the Field Force capability and operations groups to drive the adoption of digital capabilities by effective business process design, change management, end user training.
- Perform as primary point of contact for all IT/IS needs and service performance.
- Accountable for the effective management of Commercial Field Force aligned IT assets throughout their lifecycle.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement such as increasing productivity or cost savings.
- Matrix leadership of IT resources in other IT functions: responsible for ensuring that all IT functions are successful in their delivery of services to the Field Force. Key matrix IT partner functions include platform architecture, software engineering, application support & maintenance, program management, information & data management, collaboration services, infrastructure services. Also work closely with the Medical IT Team to align and identify Opportunities / Synergies in field capabilities and IT investments.
- Demonstrated leadership in the strategic planning and implementation of enterprise digital capabilities for a commercial business units in multiple geographies.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, influence and partner with senior business leaders.
- Strong experience with enterprise governance operations and demonstrated ability to balance customer responsiveness with identifying high value at the enterprise level.
- Ability to lead the analysis of complex business needs, and integrate those into compelling and actionable strategic plans.
- Strong ability and comfort with matrix management in delivering digital capabilities. Matrix management includes business partners as well as multiple IT capability leaders.
- Ability to manage business process analysis and improvement including benefit estimation and post implementation metrics.
- Ability to scan technical landscape for leading edge business solutions and creates business case for support and application, including level of effort/ cost required to implement solutions / services, and facilitating risk assessments.
- Preferred Biotech/Pharma/ Bio-Pharma Field Force domain expertise.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills, with the confidence to build strong partnerships with Field Force Capability and operations leaders and become a trusted adviser to executives.
- Ideal Candidates Would Also Have:
- Experience managing and developing direct reports
- Strong financial experience with budget management and business case development
- Multiple implementations of digital capabilities in Field Force Domain.
- Working knowledge of agile software-development lifecycle methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to create and support a dynamic culture of innovation and continuous improvement in line reports and in the matrix.
- Potential to develop into an internally and externally recognized thought-leader in the field of Field Force Management capabilities.
- Other qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 10+ years of experience required; Masters preferred
- Strong business knowledge with proven leadership abilities
- Possesses familiarity with and awareness of the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Capable of working cooperatively across boundaries and within a matrix to achieve results.
- Ability to deliver complex systems to one or multiple geographies and business units.
- Experienced in information technology and management, project and portfolio assessment, planning, systems development and business case development
- Demonstrates strong influencing skills with key partners across the region.
This role reports to the Director, IT Business Partnering, WW Commercial Operations. This role will prepare the individual with critical strategic planning, digital capability road-mapping, business case development and tracking, and senior level relationship management skills.
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.