Strategy and Planning
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
As a manager of performance analytics, you evaluate the business performance of BMS’s leading R&D pipeline. You will develop and deliver innovative productivity assessments and key performance indicators that include speed and success to market as well as pipeline volume, efficiency and execution.
In partnership with other team members and colleagues in R&D functions, your analyses will help shape BMS’s performance message. You will build expertise in the methods and meaning of key productivity indicators. You will proactively identify continuous improvement opportunities and leverage external benchmarks to create actionable insights for teams and leaders. Your work will directly contribute to evaluations of portfolio and pipeline health and data-driven decision making across the enterprise.
This role provides direct exposure to how R&D functions work together to deliver new drugs that help patients prevail over serious diseases. You will see firsthand how the dynamics of an innovative pipeline play out over a 10-15 year R&D cycle and will build expertise in metrics development, delivery and communication of insights. If you are passionate about process analyses, generating insights from data, and enabling data-driven decision making, we look forward to meeting you!
Key Responsibilities and Major Duties
- Maintain and monitor key performance indicators across Discovery, Early & Late Development
- Perform custom analyses to answer strategic and operational question on pipeline progression, productivity or efficiency
- Develop testable hypotheses for predictive analytics and risk identification
- Explore advanced analytic techniques to enhance performance & benchmarking capabilities
- Synthesize and communicate actionable insights from KPIs and targeted analytic projects
- Drive components of industry benchmarking exercises, with a particular focus on leveraging benchmarks to inform performance assessments
- Perform regular reviews of analytic ready datasets of R&D performance with BIA teams to ensure data quality, speed of delivery, and analytic enablement
- Monitor and evaluate external publications on R&D performance and productivity
- 3-5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical, financial or data/technology industries (preferred) in delivering operational analytics that drive decision making
- Consulting experience a plus
- Analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Creative problem solving to identify and address key business questions
- Deep understanding of how to use data to answer business questions, including an ability to distill business questions to testable hypotheses in an analytics plan
- Descriptive, Diagnostic and Statistical Analytic Skills required; Predictive analytic skills a plus
- Project management skills, including meeting management, articulating value, and managing demand
- Excellence in written and oral communication, including ability to develop clear, concise presentations
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships both inside and outside your immediate team
- Ability to be flexible and adapt quickly to the changing needs of the organization
- MS Office Suite, including Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Analytic software tools (e.g., SAS, SAS EG, R, Python preferred)
- Visualization or data exploration tools (e.g., Spotfire, Tableau preferred)
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.