Strategy and Planning
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
Manager, RWD Capabilities
Are you passionate about leveraging real-world data (RWD) to improve the lives of patients? If so, join our team as we inspire, implement and govern a cutting edge data ecosystem for BMS. Components of this role include: working confidently with RWD, in data partnerships to design / deliver RWD solutions, developing research data requirements with internal experts to drive research innovation, and partnering with our key data suppliers / vendors to deliver an advanced data ecosystem. This role requires a self-motivated, high-energy, hands-on, technical data expert who can easily function in a performance-driven environment. Key skills of this role include: hands-on data manipulation, technical understanding of: ETL, ERD, data dictionaries, and data validation / quality checks.
- Thorough understanding of RWD sources (EMR, claims, clinical, etc.) and their appropriate use for research purposes
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently analyze RWD data
- Ability to work well in a matrix driven organization
- Expertise in SQL and / or R and / or Python
- Proficiency in data manipulation and biostatistics
- Ability to create custom visualizations / dashboards
- Experience with healthcare / pharma data models and data dictionary development
- Experience with data mining in big data environments (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Analytic problem solving skills, with a creative and innovative outlook
- Strong attention to detail, with a quality-focused mindset
- Excellent communication skills including describing complex data topics in simple terms
- Passion for learning and growing your career with a cutting-edge pharmaceutical organization
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Collaborate with our partners to build capabilities and bring forward the best data for our research strategies
- Work with BMS partners to create unique data deliverables that will feed into BMS’ data ecosystem
- Conduct thorough and careful in-depth analyses of traditional and emerging RWD data sources ensuring a deep understanding of partner data
- Drive partner data quality process, ensuring deliverables / projects meet desired goals within BMS
- Synthesize findings and recommendations - communicate results to internal / external teams (verbally and via ppt)
- EDUCATION PREFERRED: Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline
- YEARS OF EXPERIENCE PREFERRED: Minimum 4 years working hands-on with real-world pharmaceutical / healthcare data-traditional and emerging sources
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.