Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
A new exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced marketer to drive the implementation of the Opdivo Strategy in Spain & Portugal and prepare and execute launch of the drug. The purpose of the role is to design and lead the brand strategy, as well as to coordinate the cross-functional activities related to the GU plans. This role will be instrumental to further strengthen our presence and success of BMS in Immuno-Oncology.
As part of the Oncology team reporting to Marketing Lead Melanoma & GU, the Brand Lead GU:
• Assists in creating superior brand planning and positioning, seeking to leverage product differentiation into meaningful product benefits.
• Anticipates competitive issues and supports achievement of brand sales and business objectives.
• Fosters strong working relationship with Sales to develop and implement product strategies and to identify new opportunities both in Spain and Portugal.
• Works across a multi-functional and multi-national matrix to achieve business goals within the Inmuno–Oncolgy arena.
• Drives execution of marketing activities (congresses, promotional material etc.).
• Supports program execution while navigating promotional, medical and regulatory challenges.
• Exhibits excellent project management skills, including managing the execution of programs in accordance with timelines and budgets.
• Identifies, learns and understands a variety of financial, manufacturing and promotional processes/systems necessary to implement the marketing plan.
• Coordinating the regulatory/medical/legal review for all marketing related items produced.
• Manages relationships with outside companies, ensuring successful business partnerships.
• Work as part of the Brand Team to ensure market input into Global plan.
• Collaboration with Opdivo Governance to align and optimize brand resource and communication.
• Final materials tested and delivered.
• Establishment of plan for execution and monitoring of each channel. Promote the use of omnichannel strategies ad hoc to market needs.
• Management of marketing mix plan.
• Internal and External Pricing & Reimbursement plan defined, executed and tracked in collaboration with Corporate and business communications jointly with the Market Access department.
• Government affairs plan defined, executed and tracked in alignment with the Market Access department.
Suitable candidates will need to demonstrate the following criteria:
• Business or scientific degree.
• 3-5 years marketing experience in a specialty area, preferably in oncology.
• Experience in leading the launch of a specialty product, preferably in oncology in a large market.
• Successful track record within a matrix organization and leading with strong accountability a local cross functional team/project.
• Focus on speed to deliver our medicines to patients.
• Understanding of the principles of market access.
• Experience in working with agencies.
• Project management experience.
• Fluent in Spanish and English - both oral and written.
• Working knowledge of pharmaceutics industry, the drug development and clinical trials process, include Product Development & Commercialization.
• Understanding of finance and manufacturing.
• Flexibility and ability to work cross-functionally and non-hierarchically.
• Strong communication and collaboration skills.
• Proactive and innovative.
• Willingness/ability to travel.
• MBA or Master Degree in Marketing
This role will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to be leading part of a potential paradigm shift in cancer treatment; exposure to Global brand team through direct involvement in key projects; the possibility to enhance management / leadership skills; opportunity to further develop launch and project management experience. He/she will play an instrumental role driving the performance of the company’s key growth drivers; will gain thorough understanding of cross-functional and cross-regional processes.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender identity, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin or disability.
We are proud of being recognized in Spain as a Top Employer company 2019 with certified excellence in employee conditions and also of being listed as one of the “100 best companies to work for in Spain in 2018” by Actualidad Económica magazine. Come, and join BMS now!
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.