Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
The Biostatistician is a member of cross-functional development teams and contributes to trial design, protocol development, analysis planning, interpretation of results, preparation of regulatory submissions and publications. Statisticians develop collaborative relationships and work effectively with the Global Biometric Sciences (GBS) Lead, the GBS Planning and Execution Lead, statistical programmers, external partners, medical monitor, protocol manager, data manager, PK scientist, and other members of the study/indication team.
- Independently leads the development and execution of statistical aspects for one or more clinical trials, including contribution to study trial design, analysis planning, study results presentation and interpretation, clinical study report authoring, regulatory submissions and publications.
- Participates in protocols and analysis plans reviews.
- Participates in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Knowledge outside of traditional statistical expertise in the clinical, regulatory and commercial environments with demonstrated application within development teams.
- Engages as a matrix team member on protocol teams as a scientific partner in the drug development process.
- Ability to present summary data and analyses to key stakeholders in a clear, concise, complete and transparent manner.
- Possesses technical knowledge of statistical methodology and ability to appropriately apply it in trial design and data analysis for clear, concise, high-quality results.
- Takes accountability for ensuring quality in all planning, design and execution of assignments associated with the assigned protocol or project.
- PhD degree in Statistics or Biostatistics with 0-3 years or Master’s degree with 3+ years' of relevant Pharmaceutical/R&D or other related experience, including supporting regulatory filings.
- Demonstrated knowledge of statistical / clinical trials methodology as it relates to clinical development.
- Relevant prior data analysis planning, execution and delivery experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt quickly to the changing needs of the organization.
- SAS knowledge.
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.