Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
Division: Biologics Development.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases. One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
This Scientist position within the analytical methods team has the opportunity to drive the development and validation of robust separation methods (e.g., CE-SDS, iCIEF, SEC, RP-HPLC) for biotherapeutic drug candidates in the portfolio spanning early and late stage clinical programs. Bristol-Myers Squibb's biologics pipeline includes approved biologics products such as OPDIVO®, YERVOY®, EMPLICITI®, ORENCIA®, and NULOJIX®, and a number of exciting clinical stage compounds such as a-LAG3 mAb, a-CXCR4 mAb, a-CSF1R mAb, a-GITR mAb, as well as antibody combination products. Development of methods utilizes state-of-the-art analytics as well as modern concepts of quality attribute monitoring of biotechnology products. Support regulatory filing activities including IND and BLA, as necessary.
Science-based research and molecular-level understanding of protein properties are critical for successfully performing method development. Innovation is central to establishing robust analytical control and define our overall biologics development strategy. This position reports to manager in Methods and Analytical Development function of the Biologics Development organization. The position provides exciting opportunity to be involved in early and late stage clinical development, progress the assets to marketing approval, and bring life-saving medicines to patients who are waiting. It also offers possibility of getting involved in diverse modalities including antibody, fusion protein, oligos, and fixed dose combinations. The Scientist role provides strong growth opportunities and career development.
- PhD (0-3 years) /M.S (5+ years)/B.S (7+ years) in biochemistry, analytical chemistry, biotechnology, pharmaceutical sciences, or related area
- Proficient in protein separation techniques using chromatography (e.g., SEC, IEX, HIC, RPHPLC) and/or capillary electrophoresis (e.g., CE-SDS, ICIEF,CZE) and /or (e.g., SEC-MALS, DLS, HPLC-CAD, and MS)
- Experience in biopharmaceutical analytical method optimization. Desired - experience in resolving technical issues with a collaborative mindset and aptitude in innovation
- Ability to author reports and present research and development data/hypothesis/conclusions.
- Knowledge and working experience with chromatography and data analysis platforms such as Empower 3 and Chemstation
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Desired - knowledge of analytical control of quality attributes such as size (aggregates, fragments), charge, glycans, protein content, protein modifications, and others.
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.