Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Executes routine to intermediate level maintenance activities, and / or operates and monitors plant support equipment, including clean utilities and process equipment according to schedule.
2. Performs various "Housekeeping" activities, (i.e., keeping work areas clean, cleaning of equipment etc.).
3. Ensures that operational log, daily log files, and work order documentation is completed with accurate information following good documentation practices (GDP).
4. Participates in a detailed training program, in order to develop one’s knowledge in the maintenance and operations field, as well as other areas of the plant.
5. Assists in the development and revision, and review related SOPs or job plans/work plans for work related areas.
6. Provides basic support of start-up of new equipment to ensure it meets all mechanical design specifications.
7. Reviews clean utilities, process system/equipment.
8. Supports on-call response.
Knowledge and Skill:
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• A minimum of 2 years directly related experience one of the following fields: clean utilities operations / maintenance, process equipment maintenance.
• Ability to interact and communicate directly with Operations staff to minimize impact to production activities.
• Basic knowledge of computer systems used in business, previous experience using automated work orders and job instructions desired
Basic lifting involved
Accessing large manufacturing equipment
Exposure to chemicals
Access to secured areas
Exposure to confined space
Ability to work at different heights
Work is performed in a state-of-the-art large scale cell culture facility with classified areas requiring appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE). These roles require some contact with hazardous materials such as caustic, and steam.Requires overtime, weekend and on-call duty.
This position is a 2nd shift position, working 12 hour shifts on a rotating basis 6:00pm - 6:00am. The candidate would be required to work every other weekend, with 48 hours worked one week and 36 hours the next.
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.