Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together.
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Bristol-Myers Squibb has consolidated process development organization comprising Molecular Biology (MB), Cell Line Development, Upstream and Downstream development, and Process Development Analytics (PDA) collocated with a large Analytical Development organization in a new building in New Brunswick, New Jersey. BMS’ New Brunswick site is part of New Jersey's “Biopharmaceutical Life Sciences Cluster,” a concentrated area of biotechnology, medical device, and pharmaceutical companies.
This position will have a key role with in the Process Development Analytics group primarily supporting Molecular Analytics (MA) for Biologics Process Development in New Jersey. The role will report to the Senior Scientist leading MA, and will be based in the New Brunswick location next to the Rutgers University campus. Specifically, the role will provide timely molecular analytical support for multiple biological programs and further enhance the capabilities of the MA group. The role has the opportunity to expand to include protein analytics.
- Generating and analyzing data characterizing the integrity, integration number, copy number, transcript quality and variants arising from the expression cassette used to generate cell lines of interest.
- Identify the tolerance limits of the present platform, determine strategies to make quantum improvements in the technology and processes.
- Trouble shoot assays.
- Assessment and implementation of novel molecular technologies to improve current platform processes for cell line performance and characterization.
- Identify and develop new technologies and processes for constructing and enhancing cell line performance of cell lines destined for biological manufacturing.
- Collaborate on implementation of genomic and transcriptomic platforms.
- Help author and review reports for which molecular analytical support is required.
- Set up and maintain collaborative interactions with Research and Development, Molecular Biology, Process Development and where appropriate with manufacturing groups.
- Maintain state of the art knowledge, present at meetings and publish their results and author technical documents.
- Help with protein analytics as needed.
- Maintain a safe work environment.
The successful candidate will have:
- A PhD with a minimum of 0-2 years of relevant experience.
- Solid background in molecular biology including genetic manipulation, cell biology, as well as phenotypic and metabolic analysis of cell lines preferably as it relates to protein expression.
- Proficient in a number of molecular biology techniques is essential, particularly in DNA and RNA isolation, Southern and Northern blot, qPCR, cDNA generation, and primer design. Experience in plasmid cloning and DNA sequencing is preferred.
- Experience is genomics and transcriptomics is very helpful.
- Experience with protein analytics is very helpful.
- Able to independently design experiments, collect and interpret data.
- Good laboratory practices to maintain sample purity and integrity in an aseptic environment.
- Effective oral and written communication capabilities.
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.