Medical and Regulatory Affairs
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
The Regional Medical Liaison (RML or MSL) is a member of a field-based team of scientists who function as an extension of the Medical Affairs organization. RMLs are responsible for developing and enhancing professional relationships with medical thought leaders involved in various phases of product development. RMLs provide medical information through scientific exchange in a fair-balanced manner and provide clinical/scientific support for Bristol-Myers Squibb and the Medical Affairs department at the direction of Medical Affairs management.
This is a field-based position and requires professionals with established credibility to interact with thought leaders and centers of excellence. The position involves travel of more than 60%.
Responsibilities will include:
- Identify, develop and maintain collaborative relationships with current and future Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and healthcare stakeholders in disease states of strategic importance to Bristol-Myers Squibb.
- Provide clinical presentations and information in response to unsolicited questions (as appropriate) in academic, community and healthcare provider setting in both group and one-on-one settings.
- Collaborate with the Clinical organization to enhance patient enrollment in Bristol- Myers Squibb -sponsored clinical trials by identifying appropriate trial sites and interacting with investigators in ongoing studies.
- Act as a primary liaison to investigators interested in developing and performing investigator initiated research.
- Develop and execute territory plans in alignment with regional and national plans of action (POAs).
- Assist in the reconnaissance of Market landscape determination and competitive intelligence including therapeutic trends and unmet needs within the appropriate disease states and marketplace and provide timely feedback/information on emerging clinical/scientific information and opportunities to internal stakeholders.
- Provide scientific support at medical congresses.
- Ability to travel over a broad geography is required.
- This position requires the ability to drive within their assigned territory by automobile (and in some territories to travel by airplane).
- Must live within the territory (OH, MI, IN, KY) and close to a major airport.
- Completed Bachelor's degree
- Flexibility in dynamic model for KOL/Investigator coverage
- Full understanding of clinical research processes and GCP requirements
- Overnight business travel of more than 60%
Preferred Skills/Knowledge Required:
- Completed MD, DO, PharmD, MSN, PhD or MS in a scientific discipline highly desired
- Experience in training and resource development
- 2+ years Gastroenterology Medical Liaison experience
- Experience in Gastroenterology/inflammatory bowel disease therapeutic area with established track record of working with top tier KOLs
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.