Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. Driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Principal Data Scientists will work with key R&D leaders to extract insight from complex clinical, translational and real-world data. They will have the opportunity to work on complex data science problems including modeling techniques to interpret, infer and recommend based on insights from data.
- Formulates, implements, tests, and validates predictive models and implements efficient automated processes for producing modeling results at scale.
- Creates robust models based on statistical and data mining techniques to provide insights and recommendations based on large complex data sets.
- Presents stories told by data in a visually appealing and easy to understand manner.
- Contributes to the development of junior data scientist by providing mentorship and coaching as well as developing training curriculum for the broader organization.
- Responsible for collaborating with cross functional teams, including but not limited to, clinicians, data scientist, translational medicine scientist, statisticians, and IT professionals.
- Proactively builds partnerships with specialist functions and global counterparts to maximize knowledge and available resources.
- Manages and coordinates limited resources to produce quality deliverables within timelines for competing priorities.
- Acts as a resource/mentor to study team members - both internally and externally.
Experience and expertise required:
- Ph.D. in quantitative sciences (computer science, math, statistics and engineering)
- +6 years’ experience in healthcare or pharmaceutical is preferred but not required
- Strong knowledge of programing languages, with a focus on machine learning (R, Python, and Scala).
- Ability to summarize technically/analytically complex information for a non-technical audience
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment with good interpersonal, communication, writing and organizational skills.
- Outstanding technical and analytic skills, proficient at understanding and conceptualizing business problems and implementing analytic or decision support solutions
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.