Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
In this role, you will focus on developing and executing the promotional strategy for ide-cel in multiple myeloma. Under the direction of the Executive Director Marketing, you will be responsible for the development, implementation, and execution of Patient, Nurse and Care Coordinator marketing and educational programs in order to successfully prepare for the potential launch of ide-cel, a CAR T product in multiple myeloma.
In addition, you will drive additional key launch workstreams including but not limited to: Speaker Bureau Strategy across all customers, Liaison to Market Access on GPO Program strategy, PR and Advocacy plans, internal launch awareness campaigns and Non Personal Promotional strategy and tactics. The candidate actively drives launch tracking, brand plan development, product strategies, tactical development and implementation plans for the Nurse, Patient and Care Coordinator segments. Additionally, this function is also instrumental in developing, implementing, and executing collaboration with the larger MM and CAR T franchise teams in order to identify synergies and joint initiatives. Naturally, you will build and maintain close relationships with internal stakeholders, external vendors, and opinion leaders in the market.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Member of US ide-cel launch team, responsible for successful launch preparation and strategic planning of market – Unbranded/Branded and personal/ Non Personal for Nurse, Patient and Care coordinator customer segments.
- Develop and execute marketing brand plans; working cross-functionally including an external partner; with external vendors and key stakeholders. Support the launch of new indication, including development and roll out of comprehensive launch plans
- Leads the development brand strategy and messages for Nurse, Patient and Care coordinator customer segments as well as driving development of marketing materials in line with brand strategy and messages
- Works collaboratively with Cross franchise CAR-T team and manages multiple brand agencies in strategy and tactic development
- Organizes efficient review and approval of materials in accordance with regulatory, medical, and legal requirements to meet optimal launch timing.
- Coordinates and executes brand specific multichannel marketing activities / media planning
- Manages marketing budgets closely to ensure expenditure is aligned with the brand plan
- Ensures effective roll out of marketing campaigns to the field team through cycle briefing meetings & training sessions, in close cooperation with the sales trainer
- Leads US Nurse KOL engagement plan including advisory boards, congress planning, speaker programs, and integrated marketing tactics
- Leads Patient engagement plan including Ambassador programs, patient advisory boards, and advocacy plan
- Collaborate with market research / data analytics initiatives to uncover actionable insights and track progress of goals
- Partner with US MM brands, larger CAR T franchise, and co-promotion partners to identify cross-functional opportunities and initiatives
- Tracks implementation (KPIs) and success; develops rapid corrective activities if needed.
- Keeps up to date with competitive data in the field of myeloma and utilizes the information to provide competitive advantages for our brand(s).
- Apply understanding of customers, disease, key market trends, and competitive environment to form strategies and develop tactics that will help to achieve our commercial goals
- Collaborate with cross functional partners to ensure aligned objectives, understanding, and implementation of the brand strategy
- Effectively manage budgets and assess the marketing mix to evaluate cost effectiveness and results
- Identify and monitor key performance indicators for key marketing programs/tactics
- Manage advertising agency and other vendors to ensure execution towards objectives
- Oversight of marketing operational aspects of product promotions
- BA/BS required; Natural science and/or business/marketing degree required
- Deep professional experience in the pharmaceutical industry; 6+ years of healthcare industry experience.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to think strategically, drive performance, foster relationships and build alignment
- Strong communications skills and track record of delivering effective and influential presentations to external and internal customers
- Initiative, creative, and ability to work effectively in complex, rapidly changing environment
- Superior project and process management skills, along with the ability to work on multiple tasks, and to effectively prioritize
- Proven team player with ability to navigate and collaborate cross functionally
- Demonstrated ability in developing Marketing brand strategies and tactical plans and driving cross functional teams; Experience developing and presenting brand plans; launch experience is a plus.
- Strong identification with BMS values.
- Strong analytical skills
- Fluency in English, both oral and written communications
- PC literate in Microsoft Office
- MBA or PharmD not required but preferred
- Ideal candidate will have 3+ years of healthcare marketing and 2+ years of hematology/oncology specific marketing experience
- Hematology/multiple myeloma market experience preferred; CAR T experience a major plus
- Prior field or sales training experience is a plus.
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.