Drug Discovery Research
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
We are seeking exceptionally talented and highly motivated synthetic/medicinal chemists who are passionate about joining our fast-paced medicinal chemistry group in the pursuit of discovering innovative therapies. The successful candidate will be an expert in the field of organic synthesis and have hands on experienced with a wide range of modern synthetic transformations. The candidate will have demonstrated an independent ability in designing and executing on synthetic routes to target molecules, demonstrate a hypothesis driven troubleshooting approach and analytical data interpretation. An understanding of medicinal chemistry concepts and interpretation of biological data is a plus but not required. Good communication skills and a naturally collaborative style are necessary for effective drug discovery team participation.
- Ph.D. with 0-2 years postgraduate experience.
- M.S. degree with 2-4 years or a B. S. degree with 4-8 years of external research experience
- Demonstrated record of productivity in organic or medicinal chemistry research as evidenced by publications and/or patents.
- A strong commitment to experimental work – skilled in multi-step synthesis, purification, and characterization of organic compounds
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with a wide range of state-of-the-art techniques in synthesis, purification, and spectroscopic characterization of novel compounds (NMR, LC-MS, HPLC, etc.).
- Proficient with SciFinder, Chemdraw, and other chemistry-related software
- General knowledge of the drug discovery and development process.
- Familiarity with fundamentals of Medicinal Chemistry and analog design a plus but not required
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, highly integrated team environment
- Highly collaborative, self-motivated, team-oriented individual, with good computer skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, demonstrated ability to write peer reviewed quality work or invention disclosures for patent applications, technical reports.
Fit with BMS Culture and Values
- Diversity, inclusion and integrity
- Strong team orientation; highly collaborative
- Solutions and results-oriented focus
- Hands-on approach; resourceful and open to diverse points of view
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.