At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Staff Engineer - Intern, will provide functional support across Global Engineering in support of Project Engineering and Technical Solutions. In this role, the Staff Engineer, will work closely with multiple functions such as maintenance, environmental health & safety, information technology, and procurement to utilize engineering and business skills to analyze, develop, and deliver technical solutions.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The staff engineer intern will participate across Global Engineering in support of Project Engineering & Technical Solutions:
- Assist Project Managers and Capital teams to manage project deliverables, meeting action items, schedule, documentation and content in support of capital projects.
- Coordinate across project team members and stakeholders to manage content, workflow, and approvals related to Request for Information, Project Submittals, and Project governance documentation.
- Prepare technical documentation and calculations in support of technical solutions and Design Standards
- Work closely with technical subject matter experts in support of capital and reliability excellence activities.
Experiential & Educational Value (for Summer Intern)
The intern, at the conclusion of the summer term will be expected to have experienced working in a global function, working across multiple functional areas to deliver technical solutions for either a project or business program with clear deliverables that meet schedule, cost, and measurable outcomes and metrics.
What you will learn:
- Business Organization
- Good project management practices
- Multiple aspects of engineering, design & construction, and facilities asset maintenance programs.
Given the current uncertainty of the global pandemic and work from home situation for 2021, the majority of internships are currently planned to be virtual with the option for interns to work remotely from within U.S. Borders. However, as the conditions change through 2021, there may be an expectation that the candidate be able to work at our New Brunswick, New Jersey location.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL
- College Undergraduate currently enrolled in Engineering major.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university during program calendar year 2020 - 2021.
- Completed at least 2 years of college/university to be eligible for the program.
- Must have a ≥3.0 GPA
- Minimum availability of 12 weeks (June 2021- Aug 2021)
- Previous experience in some job duties listed, either through course work or industry/academia
- Participation in student organizations and/or other leadership experience.
Experience / Knowledge Desired:
- Experience or Major/ Career Focus in Facility Design, Construction Management, Maintenance and Operations
- Experience with Microsoft Office Tools ( Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, etc.)
- Knowledge of CADD systems and applications
- Knowledge of Lean concepts preferred
- Experience with Digital Applications preferred (Sharepoint, Tableau)
- Exposure to any hazardous/disagreeable conditions in the environment: None
- Travel – Locally in New Jersey or Massachusetts
- Remote Work Capability: Remote with limited on-site (New Jersey)
- Overnight absences required: Minimal
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.