At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Data Scientists will work with senior DS leaders to extract insight from complex clinical, translational and real-world data. They will have the opportunity to work on complex data science problems including modeling techniques to interpret, infer and recommend based on insights from data.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Formulates, implements, tests, and validates predictive models and implements efficient automated processes for producing modeling results at scale.
- Creates robust models based on statistical and data mining techniques to provide insights and recommendations based on large complex data sets.
- Presents stories told by data in a visually appealing and easy to understand manner.
- Responsible for collaborating with cross functional teams, including but not limited to, clinicians, data scientist, translational medicine scientist, statisticians, and IT professionals.
- Proactively builds partnerships with specialist functions and global counterparts to maximize knowledge and available resources.
- Ph.D. in quantitative sciences (computer science, math, statistics and engineering)
- +2 years experience in healthcare or pharmaceutical is preferred but not required
- Strong knowledge of programing languages, with a focus on machine learning (R, Python, Sagemaker, Tensorflow).
- Ability to summarize technically/analytically complex information for a non-technical audience
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment with good interpersonal, communication, writing and organizational skills.
- Outstanding technical and analytic skills, proficient at understanding and conceptualizing business problems and implementing analytic or decision support solutions
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.