At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Associate Director Segment Marketing is responsible for developing and executing Strategic Payer Marketing initiatives to relevant customer segments to successfully achieve patient access for BMS products across the current and future portfolios. The position has significant cross-functional responsibilities with other US VAP Departments, Legal, REMS Compliance, Finance, U.S. Sales, Corporate Affairs and other cross-functional groups.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop marketing strategies and programs to address specific customers’ needs, aligned with VAP strategies, and BMS brand objectives
- Develop, implement, and manage marketing initiatives across Segments for Strategic Payer Marketing customers. These accounts include Physician Networks, Pathways, Providers, Specialty Pharmacy, Trade, Medicare, Medicaid, State Oncology Societies and Physician practices.
- Coordinate and lead all brand supported pull through initiatives – facilitate thinking on analytics, resource deployment, metrics for success, and tactical development and messaging
- Collaborate with US Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) team to develop tactics to support the prioritized brands. This includes informing the development of Value Propositions, Economic Analysis and Tools as well as Unbranded tactics to support communication of value across various formulary decision makers.
- Collaborate with Market Analytics, Corporate Affairs and Strategic Payer Marketing Team to monitor the competitive environment.
- Prioritize, identify, and implement Strategic Payer Marketing plan adjustments when necessary to respond to the dynamic Market Access marketplace and ensure alignment with Brand/ Strategic Payer Marketing leaders on such activities, where appropriate.
- Coordinate Strategic Payer Marketing input at all stages of brand development and decision-making; including proposed markets, positioning, branding, forecasting, pricing strategies, Phase III/IV projects, life-cycle management and scientific / promotional communications.
- Manage and optimize Strategic Payer Marketing promotional budget to ensure optimal marketing mix and proper execution through all account teams or non-field based approaches.
- BA/BS required; MBA preferred.
- At least 6 or more years’ of life science industry experience with 5+ years of in line marketing/channel marketing experience, preferably with at least 2 or more years of Hematology/Oncology and/or Immunology experience
- Strong knowledge of provider groups, patient access, physician networks, Federal & pathways companies
- Proven track record of effective people management with or without direct reporting accountability
- Must demonstrate ability to lead strategically, drive performance, build alignment, inform, negotiate and collaborate
- Excellent written/verbal communication. Experience in delivering complex messages to various internal and external customers with a track record of effective and influential presentations.
- Demonstrate initiative, creativity, strategic capabilities, and ability to work effectively in complex, rapidly changing environments
- Significant experience with strong project and process management skills, along with the ability to work on multiple tasks, and to effectively prioritize
- Proven team player with ability to frequently and successfully navigate cross-functionally with other Strategic Payer Marketing teams and other BMS Departments.
BMS is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
BMS complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for BMS in the U.S.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.