At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
As an integral member of the Oncology Advocacy team, this person will further develop and execute the Oncology Advocacy strategies and plans. The Associate Director (AD) will
Collaborate with the matrix team (marketing, medical, access, worldwide, etc) on a daily basis to build alignment, drive deliverables and achieve timelines.
Develop a strategic cross-functional health equity plan, partnering with matrix partners and outside stakeholders to ensure BMS has a comprehensive, actionable plan for advancing access to care for under-represented and disadvantaged populations.
Evolve or establish relationships with multiple patient advocacy organizations. The AD will focus on advocacy organizations associated with priority tumors. They will determine the short and long-term impact of changes in the health care system and develop strategic approaches to addressing these changes and develop deep relationships with Advocacy organizations to enable innovative solutions to the issues facing cancer patients, with an emphasis on the area of health equity.
Work closely with the commercial and medical teams to link business needs to strategic advocacy solutions and coordinate with other matrix team members, as needed.
Generate innovative business concepts and search for novel approaches to the issues addressing cancer patients and the health care system
Highly external-facing role with daily advocate interactions (email, phone, live)
Some travel required, especially Washington D.C. (20-30%)
The successful candidate will have
- A minimum five years of Pharmaceutical or related industry (may include advanced training in a pharmaceutical industry fellowship or residency) required
- Experience with emphasis on developing third party relationships and understanding complex healthcare, policy and health equity issues, preferred.
- Oncology experience, preferred.
- Candidate must have demonstrated understanding and knowledge of the health care delivery system, its changing direction, and the positioning of various constituencies within the system.
- Health equity experience preferred.
- The candidate will possess excellent project management skills and have a strong track record of delivering business results.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional team, work independently and proactively lead projects with minimal direction.
- Applicant must possess an understanding and knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry, competitors, advocacy, healthcare delivery, health equity and cultural sensitivity, and policy environment.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.