At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Senior Manager Biostatistician is a member of cross-functional development teams and contributes to trial design, protocol development, analysis planning, interpretation of results, and preparation of regulatory submissions. Statisticians develop collaborative relationships and work effectively with the GBDS Biostatistics Lead, the GBDS Planning and Execution Lead, medical monitor, protocol manager, data manager, PK scientist, and other members of the study/indication team.
- Primary Responsibilities:
- Ensures that all analyses conducted have clearly articulated hypotheses associated with them and that the trial design and data collected support conducting the analysis
- Communicates effectively with clinical and regulatory partners
- Authors and/or reviews protocol synopsis, protocol, statistical analysis plan, data presentation plan, dataset specifications, case-report forms, randomization specifications, clinical study reports, associated publications and other study level specification documents
- Exercises cost-disciplined science in sizing of the trials and in the planning for the analyses to be conducted
- Compliant with BMS processes and SOPs, global and project standards, and responsible for quality of deliverables
- Ensures programming team or vendor partner understands the nature of the clinical data being collected and the approaches to summarizing the information
- Collaborates with clinicians and medical writers to prepare summaries of results for use in regulatory documents and scientific articles
- Drives, with the Clinician, the interpretation of results, development of key messages and communication to the development team.
- Provides statistical consultation for ad hoc analysis requests including design of appropriate analyses to answer relevant questions
- Takes accountability for ensuring quality in all planning, design and execution of assignments associated with the assigned protocol or project.
- Significant academic training in statistics, biostatistics or relevant areas of study. PhD degree in statistics or biostatistics or Master’s degree with relevant experience required.
- Understanding of the application of biostatistics to medical/clinical trials data.
- SAS experienced level, R expertise desirable.
- Familiar with nQuery, EAST for sample size calculations.
- Experience with Bayesian methodology, meta-analyses and with RWD analyses desirable.
- Familiar with survival analyses, time to event analyses, efficacy endpoints in oncology (ORR, etc) in Phase II, III trials.
- Familiar with clinical pharmacology trials (PK analysis, bioequivalence designs, etc.).
- Familiar with aggregated safety analyses.
- Familiar with SDTM/ADAM.
- Ability to work successfully within cross-functional teams leading to successful global regulatory filings and approvals
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills (English).
- Ability to be flexible and adapt quickly to the changing needs of the organization.
- Ability to organize multiple work assignments and establish priorities.
Strong interpersonal skills evidenced in interactions with individuals at all levels of the organization, and demonstrated ability to develop relationships within the organization and leverage the formal and informal organizational structure to assist in goal achievement.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.