Drug Dev and Preclinical Studies
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Cell Therapy is one of the most groundbreaking new forms of cancer treatments being studied today. With therapies only in their infancy and BMS’s continued investment in our Cell Therapy capabilities, the growth potential of this science, your career, and the ability to help patients are incredible.
CAR-T cell therapies are a revolutionary advance in medical treatment, but the success of these new treatments depends upon our ability to develop robust and affordable production methods. As part of our Process Technology Development team, we are seeking a highly capable and self-motivated Scientist to develop and implement robust cell selection technologies for autologous and allogeneic Cell Therapy products. Specifically, this candidate will collaborate with technology suppliers, internal process development groups and manufacturing partners to execute the development and implementation of next generation technologies to clinical manufacturing. The candidate will also serve as the technical interface between our technology and process teams and will be responsible for providing technical leadership to execute on the transfer and operationalization of next generation selection technologies. The candidate will additionally be expected to execute T cell culture experiments using a combination of scale-down models and manufacturing scale technologies.
The successful candidate will:
- Utilize technical understanding of Cell Therapy development needs and manufacturing requirements to oversee the development and implementation of innovative selection technologies for cGMP manufacturing
- Engage with technology suppliers to execute on equipment, consumables and software development and qualification ensure suitability for GMP manufacturing
- Provide oversight and mentorship to support technical team with generation of experimental design, study plans, and data review
- Draft technology project plans and engage with internal and external partners to ensure the completion of project milestones in alignment program timeline and requirements
- Draft technical development plans and provide technical guidance to team in executing method development and technology robustness studies
- Support the prioritization of project tasks, identify, and allocate required resources and ensure the timely completion of project milestones
- Manage the status and deployment of novel selection equipment, support staff training and establish a community of practice to support Cell Therapy selection processing
- Oversee the completion of technology data packages, operating procedures, and technical documentation to support technology implementation within development and manufacturing organizations
- Execute feasibility testing of emerging technologies and leverage technical experience to evaluate the feasibility of integrated selection process unit operations
- PhD in Chemical or Biological Engineering, or related disciple with 0-2 years or MS/BS with 8+ of relevant technology development experience within the Cell and Gene Therapy or Biologics industry
- Strong experimental design skills with hands-on experience with development and operationalization of cell selection technologies to support cell selection applications
- Proven ability to independently manage and oversee multiple projects concurrently within a fast-pace, cross-functional environment
- Proven ability to develop and execute on project plans
- Experience with technical equipment support and troubleshooting
- Experience with tissue culture, preferably with primary cells
- Experience leading of technical team
- Experience in use of automated equipment control, preferably DeltaV
- Experience with cell selection, T cell activation, lentiviral transduction, and cryopreservation
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Prism (Graphpad), FlowJo and statistical programs for data analysis (JMP)
- Excellent technical writing and oral communication skills
- Driven individual that works well independently and within a multidisciplinary team
- Experience with Augmented Reality hardware/software and/or other remote-work tools is beneficial
If you want to challenge yourself, accelerate your career, and give new hope to patients, there’s no better place than here with our Cell Therapy team. Full of incredible and dedicated team members, those working on CAR-T and other forms of Cell Therapy are transforming patients’ lives through science. From studying individualized cell lines to making brand new discoveries, this bold and personal discipline allows you to grow your career while making a lasting impact on the field of medicine. Join us today.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.