Drug Dev and Preclinical Studies
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Associate Scientist will be a key contributor to the development of late-stage cell therapy processes. This individual will design, perform, and interpret complex experiments in collaboration with other process and analytical scientists focused on delivering robust cell therapy manufacturing processes. This individual will be involved in the implementation of new technologies and will work in a cross-functional and collaborative environment to generate and evaluate scientific data to inform strategic decisions.
- Independently design and execute complex development lab based experiments in order to support cell therapy process development
- Maintain proficiency in data analysis, statistical analysis, and effective data presentation within a cross-functional team
- Author technical reports detailing experimental work and summarizing conclusions
- Participate in relevant development project workstream groups
- Interact with Analytical Development, Quality, Manufacturing, Regulatory, Pre-Clinical, and Clinical and other personnel as dictated by project need.
- Leverage and maintain strong relationships with external partners.
- Define/maintain a safe work environment in accordance with policies/procedures/regulations
Qualifications & Experience
- B.S. in Biochemical, Chemical, or Biomedical Engineering or Biology related discipline with 4 - 7 years of relevant experience or M.S. with 2 - 4 years of relevant experience
- Experience with aseptic processing of mammalian or primary cell culture in biological safety cabinet and via single-use instrumentation
- Knowledge of regulations, current industry practices, and experience with interpretation and application of guidelines and regulations
- Proficiency utilizing MS Office products and working knowledge of statistical software (R, JMP)
- Experience working in a self-driven, performance/results oriented, fast paced matrix environment
- Strong engineering or scientific knowledge appropriate for cell therapy process development
- Interpersonal and leadership skills to work with teams in different functions and organizations
- Flexibility to work evening and weekend shifts is required
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.