Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
This role is responsible for leading design and execution efforts, customizing research methodologies to deliver strategic customer insights and drive improved decision-making. The role is aligned to the US market scope and will include application to Oncology. Further specialization of activities, depending on the role assignment, can include application to branding & communications, launch asset planning and brand performance management
- Provides leadership for Customer Insights efforts, developing and deploying innovative market research techniques that reflect best practices, in order to develop key strategic customer insights and drive superior decision-making
- Accurately assesses business issues faced by business stakeholders and develops the appropriate market research design to address them, providing superior analysis and reasoned solutions
- Synthesizes data from multiple sources to bring added value to research studies, then draws and communicates customer insights in a business-oriented, concise and meaningful way to be delivered to the business team
- Consistently develops and recommends reasonable, data-driven business-building ideas and encourages the use of customer and market insights to inform business decisions
- Demonstrates mastery of primary research designs and analysis, and independently develops customized non-standard research solutions to address complex, multi-faceted tactical and strategic business issues
- Develops and aligns effectiveness metrics to quantify impact of key strategic initiatives, ranging from market development efforts, customer model initiatives, and business performance
List of minimum requirements:
- Advanced degree in General Business, Marketing, Finance, Economics, Market Research, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Operations Research, Social Science, or other Scientific degrees, or related field strongly preferred
- 5-8+ years of relevant market research experience
- Pharmaceutical industry experience strongly preferred; therapeutic category knowledge for relevant job scope strongly desired
- Experience in the key functional areas of market research, including design and analysis of primary market research, secondary data analysis and some experience with forecasting/modeling, required
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team, provide direction and oversight, and motivate others
- Proven ability to effectively operate and influence cross-functionally
- Strong technical understanding of marketing research models and deep knowledge and experience across multiple complex research tools
- Developed or participated in the development of one or more proprietary research models or techniques
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking ability
- Concise and impactful written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a face-paced environment, handle multiple projects simultaneously and deliver high quality business results within tight deadlines
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.