Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
Purpose/Objective of the job
This role is responsible for leading design and execution efforts, customizing research methodologies to deliver and embed strategic customer insights and drive improved decision-making for the US I-O Solid tumor business (HCC, CRC Gastric, and GBM).
Key Responsibilities and Major Duties
- Provides leadership for Customer Insights efforts, developing and deploying innovative market research techniques that reflect best practices, in order to develop key strategic customer insights and drive superior decision-making
- Accurately assesses business issues faced by I-O Solid and develops the appropriate market research design to address them, providing superior analysis and reasoned solutions
- Ensures customer insights are effectively and efficiently communicated. Identifies opportunities and risks, and through the facilitation of discussions with brand teams translates them into actionable recommendations
- Proactively creates opportunities to embed insights and influence decision-making in brand teams
- Demonstrates mastery of primary research designs and analysis, and independently develops customized non-standard research solutions to address complex, multi-faceted tactical and strategic business issues
- Develops Market Research plans aligned to business need through collaboration with Immuno-Oncology BI&A and brand teams, creating synergies and eliminating duplication
(Disclaimer: The responsibilities listed above are only a summary and other responsibilities will be requirements as assigned)
- Bachelor of Science in relevant area; Advanced degree in General Business, Finance, Economics, Market Research, Operations Research, Statistics, or Engineering preferred
Experience – Responsibility and minimum number of years
- 5-8+ years of relevant market research experience
- Pharmaceutical industry experience strongly preferred
- Consulting experience working with a national consulting firm preferred
Competencies – knowledge, skills, abilities and other
- Experience in the key functional areas of market research, including design and analysis of primary market research, secondary data analysis and modeling, required
- Experience with both strategic and operational research techniques and business issues
- Experience delivering superior analysis and embedding insights to drive business decisions
- Exceptional analytical and strategic thinking skills; concise and impactful written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to proactively partner with and influence others within and across functional teams
- Ability to work in a face-paced environment, handle multiple projects simultaneously and deliver high quality business results within tight deadlines
- Consistently strong demonstration of Core BMS Behaviors
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.