Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
This position is for a passionate and innovative IT Business Partner to join our team in support of Corporate Finance. The IT business partner will provide strategic vision from an IT perspective and partner with Finance Leaders and IT Build/Run colleagues to identify opportunities, define and execute a portfolio of investments, define intended outcomes, and measure the value we deliver.
The role will engage the appropriate IT and global matrix teams to provide expertise for delivery and to comprehensively understand digital capability needs focusing on portfolio and project planning and the increasing demand for analytical capabilities across Finance. In addition, this role will provide strategic vision and develop plans to ensure that industry leading IT technology platforms relevant to financial industry regulations, standards, best practices, and strategies, are leveraged. The role will also formulate innovative digital capability recommendations and influence business direction.
- Responsible for the strategic planning of long-term (12-36 month) roadmaps identifying digital capabilities that have the greatest impact on Finance
- Responsible for developing strategic, collaborative, and trusted partnerships with Finance leaders and stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Responsible for defining and delivering a portfolio of IT investments and their outcomes that optimize value and cost
- Work with stakeholders to lead business process assessment, identify improvement opportunities, propose solutions with quantifiable benefits, and develop business cases to initiate projects
- Build business cases for technology capabilities supporting finance that meet near-term and long-term needs. Articulate business value and ROI, and define detailed requirements for those capabilities
- Collaborate with technical resources in the IT organization to monitor progress and ensure successful implementations in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with a focus on Information Technology, Finance and/or Accounting. Master’s degree ideal
- Proven track record of 5+ years working in large and/or complex IT/Finance programs with background in, or supporting, Finance or Accounting preferred
- Experienced in leading change and a demonstrated ability to accomplish results and meet deadlines and commitments working in a global matrix environment
- Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and leadership, with strong abilities in relationship management, and strong financial and analytical skills, as well as excellent business partnering skills required
- Must have experience in financial processes and how they apply to the pharmaceutical industry
- Strong experience with aspects of financial reporting cycle including development of annual business plan, financial projections, and SAP ideal
- Formal project management experience is a plus, including experience in estimating, cost/benefit analysis, and agile methodologies
- Possess strong written and oral presentation skills and the ability to explain complex concepts to both technical and non-technical teams. Excellent collaboration skills; ability to organize and present ideas in a convincing and compelling manner that will deliver tangible business outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and define business processes and to use structured problem solving and available tools to quickly evaluate problems, identify root cause, create action plans, assess impact and develop resolution options
- Ability to effectively elicit complex business requirements in both small and large settings across audiences including business and IT professionals
- Ability to build productive, trusted relationships and influence the scope and direction of initiatives across multiple levels of management and organizational boundaries
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.