Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
The Shift Supervisor leads and drives the execution of commercial manufacturing processes according to established electronic work instructions and production records for the manufacture of therapeutic proteins in accordance with Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP’s). The Shift Supervisor is responsible for management of group whose primary focus is on execution of manufacturing processes, technical assessment of processes, maintaining a culture of compliance, innovation, and within their functional group. The Shift Supervisor is required to guide the personnel in their group with knowledge and technical knowledge to lead troubleshooting activities, provide investigation support, analyze process/equipment data, and identify and implement process improvements.
1. Leads the operation of all area specific production equipment (i.e. CIP systems, bioreactors, chromatography systems, media/buffer preparation equipment etc.), process automation systems (i.e. Delta V and Syncade Interactions, OSI/Pi Historian) and supporting business systems (i.e. SAP. Trackwise, Maximo etc.).
2. Takes active role in selecting and developing team. This includes leveraging relationships internal and external to the LSCC manufacturing team to build the best team possible.
3. Takes active role in developing less experienced Technical leads and leads selection and development of own team.
4. Ensures team adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices and standard operating procedures.
5. Ensures daily work coordination and distribution of work as demanded through VirtECS schedule – work assignment to team members to accomplish the production schedule
6. Manage daily communication to shift personnel and drives shift huddles and supports functional team meetings. Provides shift handover support in working with other shift supervisor/manager.
7. Ensures oversight for critical operations through systematic walk down and checks prior to execution advance. Review critical attributes and drive decisions.
8. Manage to schedule and plan. Recognize impact for cross functional impact. Any variance to be captured and communicated to cross functional groups in real time
9. Act as an area/system owner – a point of contact for all work to be carried out for the area over assigned shift
10. Build partnership with assigned technical lead to ensure daily data review and trends accomplished
11. Provide critical communications upwards, downward and across as deemed fit
12. Manage decisions– acquire feedback, input, and consult as require
13. Ensure shift notes communication – accuracy and completeness
14. Provide critical update summary to the staff following shift exchange
15. Provide coaching, mentoring and development of staff. Manage performance.
16. Develops operational schedule in conjunction with scheduling and planning team. Drives increased scheduled adherence.
17. Drives continuous improvements through staff engagement
18. Accountable for the preparation of performance connections objectives and for the mid-year and EOY performance connection review process.
19. Demonstrated ability to lead manufacturing operations teams to achieve objectives. Acts to promote a productive and cooperative climate. Helps to promote team effectiveness by engaging in a trusting, supportive partnership with others. Encourages or facilitates a beneficial resolution of purpose. Resolve conflicts in a constructive manner that allows win/win solution.
20. Participates in the budget development process; effectively controls the controllable expenses (OT, Supplies, T&E) within their influence.
*Works on a 12 hour (5AM to 5PM) rotating shift 36/48 which involves working all holidays that fall on the schedule. Required to work every rotating weekends, some holidays, and during adverse weather conditions in support of manufacturing facility. Flexibility to work irregular hours and short notice overtime.
• Knowledge of science generally attained through studies resulting in a B.S., in science, engineering, biochemistry or related discipline, or its equivalent is highly desired.
• Direct biologic manufacturing experience of 6+ years with minimum of 2+ years of previous supervisory experience which demonstrates proficiency in selection of team and effectively managing personnel issues is highly desired.
• Extensive knowledge of SOPs and cGMPs and the know–how to work and manage within a regulatory environment.
• Knowledge of pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical manufacturing process with participation in pharmaceutical technology, technology transfer, process development, manufacturing support.
• Demonstrated aptitude for engineering principles and manufacturing automation systems.
• Adaptable to a fast paced, complex and ever changing business environment.
• Effective communication and technical writing skills with support groups in the coordinating system to obtain needed cooperation and support as required in a timely and effectively manner.
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.