Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
This role is responsible for leading design and execution efforts, customizing research methodologies to deliver strategic customer insights and drive improved decision-making for Brands/TAs.
Supports the Director of Access Market Research in the development, deployment, and management of Access Market Research capabilities
The Associate Director, US Access Market Research reports to the Director, US Access Market Research.
Key Responsibilities and Major Duties
Vision & Strategy
- Provides leadership for Access Market Research efforts, developing and deploying innovative market research techniques that reflect best practices, in order to develop key strategic customer insights and drive superior decision-making
- Accurately assesses market access business issues faced by Brands/TAs and develops the appropriate market research design to address them, providing superior analysis and reasoned solutions
- Synthesizes data from multiple sources to bring added value to research studies, then draws and communicates customer insights in a business-oriented, concise and meaningful way to be delivered to the Brands/TAs
- Identifies, gathers, and rigorously analyzes primary information to generate deep Access understanding and insights for designated TAs and channel (payers, institutions, providers)
- Applies and utilizes best practices for conducting primary research to help shape product strategy
- Analyzes need for primary research activities and scope, based on all existing research, resources and knowledge base within BMS
- Integrates findings from primary research and syndicated market research studies and reports at the TA level to generate deep insights
- Translates insights into actionable recommendations for the Access organization
- Continuously assesses current and new vendor capabilities and expertise by TA/channel
- Assesses and analyzes Access Market Research capabilities and provides recommendations on improvements and/or developments to the Director, Access Market Research
- Supports the Director of Access Market Research in being the primary point of contact for Access market research and insights needs
- Works with vendors to obtain and analyze Access-related research
- Liaises with Brand team to ensure all Access insights are incorporated into broader brand strategy and identifies any opportunities for cross-customer research
- Works closely with Access Analytics team to develop and maintain analytical tools that drive strategic insights including evaluation of primary and secondary data sources and emerging methodologies
- BA/BS required
- MBA/other graduate degree preferred
- Experience in Market Access and the Healthcare landscape is preferred
- 4+ years insights generation experience
- Preferred 3+ years working experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Proven ability to effectively operate and influence cross-functionally while managing a heavy workload
- Excellent project management skills, in a face-paced environment, with demonstrated ability to lead multiple projects and priorities
- Superior analytical skills with proficiency in a broad range of primary market research methodologies
- Critical and logical thinking skills to develop actionable insights and recommendations from research
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse teams
- Working knowledge of secondary healthcare data (e.g. prescription and patient databases)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly gain therapeutic knowledge
- Strong presentation skills
- Travel required: <10%
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.