Drug Dev and Preclinical Studies
The Clinical Flow Cytometry team is seeking scientists to join our world-class team of flow cytometrists. In this laboratory based role, the selected scientist will be responsible for flow cytometry based biomarker assay development, optimization, validation and execution supporting potential drug programs targeting the immune system. The scientists must have strong backgrounds in both multi-parameter flow cytometry and immunology.
In this laboratory based role, the selected scientist will be responsible for flow cytometry based biomarker assay development, optimization, validation and execution supporting potential drug programs targeting the immune system. The scientists must have strong backgrounds in both multi-parameter flow cytometry and immunology
Designing, developing, optimizing, validating and executing novel clinical flow cytometry assays. A high percentage of time will be spent working in the lab.
- De novo assay design/development will be required
- Understanding and practical implementation of flow cytometry assay/ instrument optimization is a must
- All work in this role will be for support of clinical sample analysis, understanding of flow cytometry validation principles is a must.
- Execution of assays may be achieved through the use of in-house laboratories, or by working with vendor labs in an outsourcing fashion
- Will be responsible for data quality and oversight of vendor
- Data analysis and interpretation for clinical teams for decision making support
- Accurate record keeping of experiments and procedures
- Interacting with stakeholders to understand the needs of individual programs
- Including assay and reportable specifics, timelines, and data delivery needs
- Will work with vendor labs to transfer in-house generated assays and oversee/ quality control data generated by them
- Other tasks will be required to support the team as a whole.
PhD in immunology or related field
3+ years of flow cytometry experience
Must understand flow cytometry data analysis and interpretation.
Understanding of validation principles for flow cytometry assays for clinical assays
Ability to work in a matrixed team in a high pressure environment is a must
Must have excellent communication skills
Must have excellent organization and record keeping skills
Previous Industry experience is a plus
Previous experience in a clinical laboratory setting is a plus
Experience with BD and Beckman flow cytometers is a plus