Drug Discovery Research
The Research Associate will join the Oncology Resistance Biology group at Bristol-Myers Squibb in Cambridge, MA and aide in the advancement of early stage therapeutic targets at the intersection of tumor genetics and tumor immunobiology. The position will utilize cellular biological and immunological techniques to screen and validate targets that confer resistance to immunotherapies.
The qualified candidate is a highly motivated, interactive, and creative individual that possesses the ability to work across a highly matrixed environment to advance preclinical drug development programs from target identification/validation through IND enabling studies. The candidate will be expected to effectively collaborate with colleagues in the oncology, immunology, immuno-oncology, protein engineering/antibody development and medicinal chemistry groups. The successful candidate will demonstrate clear and professional verbal and written communication, capable of presenting scientific results to multidisciplinary teams.
· A B.S. with a minimum of 2 years of experience, or an M.S. with research experience in cellular biology and/or immunology is required.
· Demonstrated experience in experimental design, execution, data analysis and troubleshooting are required.
· Hands on experience with a wide range of cellular biology and immunology assays, including cell culture, flow cytometry, western blotting, ELISA, siRNA/shRNA knockdown, CRISPR-mediated genome editing, qPCR, cloning, cell proliferation assays, lentivirus generation and transduction is required.
· Experience in utilizing software such as Graph Pad, Flowjo, Microsoft office etc. for data analysis and figure generation is highly desired.
· Experience with functional genetic and/or small molecule screens and next generation sequencing library preparation is desired.
· Experience with in vivo/ex vivo pharmacology, including rodent handling and common procedures including tissue processing is desired.
· Experience in cancer genome data mining through use of desktop tools/interfaces and public databases (e.g., CBIO, TCGA, CCLE, Genepattern etc) is desirable.
· Attention to detail with excellent organizational and record keeping skills is a requirement.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people, internally and externally is required.
· This position is located in Cambridge, MA. There will be less than 10% travel.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support.
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.