Qlty Assurance Methods
Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMS) is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Bristol-Myers Squibb has built a new state-of-the-art Multi-Product Cell Culture (MPCC) biologics manufacturing facility in Ireland, Cruiserath, Dublin 15 - a $1 billion investment. This new facility will significantly increase Bristol-Myers Squibb’s biologics manufacturing capacity and play a central role in its global manufacturing network.
BMS Cruiserath Biologics is seeking to recruit a permanent Manager, Supplier Performance & Development. Reporting to the Associate Director, Supplier Performance and Development, the successful candidate will be responsible for supplier development and supplier quality initiatives for the Cruiserath BMS Site. They will be responsible for Global Product Development & Supply (GPS) support, not limited to: the management of the Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) Program, product sourcing support; early product quality planning; implementation of Global Supplier Quality Process (supplier assessment/evaluation), source selection and support risk mitigation.
This position must comply with all Security guidelines, Environmental Health and Safety regulations and the current Good Manufacturing Practices required by the job function.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads the supplier process capability, supplier performance monitoring (Including owning Score Card metrics reporting) and concern resolution process leadership; support implementation of Supplier Quality and Development Procedures, as applicable; introduction of Lean principles and coordination with Global Quality, R&D, Manufacturing Technology, and Supply Chain organizations, as appropriate.
- Supports the SRM program to include governance of program, establishing R&Rs, coordinating, facilitating and provide scorecard metrics and presentations for the SRM meetings,
- Ensures compliance of processes and procedures. Additionally, strategic development and implementation of programs and policies to insure continuous improvement of supplier development & quality.
- Provides support training and development of root cause and corrective action planning, and Lean principles.
- Improves quality levels of purchased materials to achieve quality metric goals through coordination of supplier workshops, improvement meetings, etc.
- Implements processes and procedures to address supplier performance deficiencies.
- Manages second tier escalation of critical supplier issues. Involve the greater organization as appropriate.
- Will be the Supplier Development & Performance Management liaison between GPS Site Operations, Manufacturing Technologies, Global Quality and supplier leadership personnel.
- Co Leads Total Cost of Quality / Ownership projects / initiatives to achieve cost reduction SP&D goals.
- Supports supplier compliance to ISO/cGMP practices and procedures and regulatory/FDA requirements.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Science or Industrial Engineering
- Eight (8) years of experience in Quality, Purchasing, or Logistics experience within a manufacturing pharmaceutical industry.
- MS/MBA/CPIM/ASQ/ Lean Manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Must have proven track record of successfully managing projects, and responsible for developing & implementing quality processes in a pharmaceutical environment.
- Strong customer service orientation with excellent analytic, interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills
- Proactive, creative and analytic approach.
- Strong understanding of supplier development & supplier quality experience is a must.
- Short-term execution and long-term strategic thinking capabilities, ability to multitask with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to interface with external resources and internal resources at all levels.
- Demonstrated hands on supplier management implementation in FDA regulated businesses.
- Ability to communicate effectively within a matrix organization.
- Effective at selling ideas, services and solutions to others at different organizational levels and functions.
This role involves 25% travel.
Employees are expected to display the BMS Biopharma Behaviours, which enable them to be successful and perform at their highest level.
The BMS Behaviours are: Passion, Innovation, Accountability and Speed.
Join us and make a difference
At Bristol-Myers Squibb, we’re creating innovative medicines for patients who are fighting serious diseases. We’re also nurturing our own team with inspiring work and challenging career options. No matter our role, each of us makes a contribution. And that makes all the difference.
We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.