Medical and Regulatory Affairs
The Scientific Advisor is responsible to actively engage with Thought Leaders and to serve as the Therapeutic Area (TA) reference point within their geographic scope. The SA is responsible to design and deliver the medical plan, define the most effective, provide medical support to internal matrix partners, and foster effective and open relationships. Participate actively in price and reimbursement pre-works, discussions, negotiations with government bodies / sick fund in the different therapeutic areas. Support the development Brand Strategies in collaboration with BMS commercial, by communicating medical insight and knowledge about the product or disease area, in particular with reference to patients’ needs and treatment trends.
Key Role Accountabilities:
External Environment and Customer Focus
- Role model in developing and maintaining peer-to-peer relationships and close contacts with Thought Leaders, appropriate HCPs, and access stakeholders, within a given geography to answer unsolicited product and HEOR related questions.
- Master proficiency in available scientific resources and presentations. Effectively present information to HCPs, as appropriate, ensuring medical accuracy and compliance with local procedures, ethical and legal guidelines and directives.
- Actively profile the medical and competitive landscape to effectively evolve planning at the market level within the medical team and matrix leadership teams, as appropriate.
- Collect, analyze and present meaningful medical insights back to the medical and commercial organizations at brand team meetings to be actioned in support of the strategy development.
- Deliver scientifically meaningful medical programs proposals and ensure flawless execution of medical activities to support overarching medical plan execution.
- Discuss and deliver Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) evidence based information reactively (i.e., to government agencies, healthcare organizations, and payers), as appropriate.
- Lead cross functional collaboration within matrix teams to ensure appropriate embedding of the medical perspective and aligned focus in key critical execution to achieve overall medical strategies and objectives.
- Represent medical as a key reference point for internal stakeholders
- Endorse and implement a culture of compliance
- Adhere to all internal and external rules and regulations
- Alert management or the Compliance Department to any possible compliance issues
- Act as a role model who demonstrates consistent ethical and professional behaviour
- Medical Degree, Physician or Pharmacist
Experience and Knowledge desired:
- Expert knowledge of an oncology scientific or clinical area.
- Expert knowledge of BMS IO products highly desirable.
- Experience in pharmaceutical health care environment.
- Experience in developing field medical plans aligned with medical and overall disease & product objectives
- Experience in working in the field with HCPs
- Knowledge of local ethical and compliance regulations.
- Fluent in English and Turkish