Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
Bristol-Myers Squibb has built a new state-of-the-art Multi-Product Cell Culture (MPCC) biologics manufacturing facility in Ireland, Cruiserath, Dublin 15 - a $1 billion investment. This new facility will significantly increase Bristol-Myers Squibb’s biologics manufacturing capacity and play a central role in its global manufacturing network.
BMS Cruiserath Biologics is seeking to recruit a permanent Automation Software Engineer.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the operation of all GMP and non-GMP control systems and other auxiliary equipment at the Cruiserath Biologics facility.
- Proactively investigate, design, configure / integrate and test process control solutions to a variety of technical problems.
- Participate in cross functional teams in developing requirements
- Plan, implement and test design solutions per Good Automation Practices.
- Provide troubleshooting and guidance support of automation systems in support of Manufacturing.
- Provide guidance and support to shift engineers.
- Provide on-call support for automation/control systems along with other team members.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills Required:
- B.Sc.\ B.E. degree in either of the following Engineering (Electrical\Electronics), Automation\Mechatronics, Chemical Engineering or Computer Science.Specific technical skills with including a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology sector.
- Specific technical skills with including a minimum of 5 years experience working with control systems, DCS or PLC, in a qualified environment.
- Understanding of S88 and batch processing operations required, experience with S95 preferred.
- Understanding of engineering documentation such as P&IDs, process flow diagrams and standard operating procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced multi-tasking environment.
- Experience with DeltaV and Syncade preferred but not required.
- Ability to troubleshoot control systems from the field element up through operator interfaces and databases preferred but not required.
- Ability to work independently
Work with all departments and with all levels of the organization, specifically Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, and Manufacturing Operations.
Work within all Site Facilities, which requires one to give a high attention to detail and on occasion to properly use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Although this is primarily a day shift position, support of 24/7 manufacturing operations will require off shift “on-call” coverage (nights and weekends), on a rotating schedule.
Take action, final decision, recommend
Exercise sound judgment in making decisions and recommendations within generally defined practices and policies and notify senior management when necessary.
Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals and processes to meet objectives. Work is reviewed by management to measure meeting of objectives and schedules.
Employees are expected to display the BMS Biopharma Behaviours, which enable them to be successful and perform at their highest level:
Passion: We pursue excellence to help patients prevail.
Innovation: We embrace new ideas.
Accountability: We own our outcomes and the outcomes of others.
Speed: We act with urgency and agility.
Why should you apply
- You will help patients in their fight against serious diseases
- You will be part of a company that encourages excellence and innovation, respects diversity, develops leaders and values its employees.
- You’ll get a competitive salary and a great benefits package including an annual bonus, pension contribution, family medical allowance, 23.5 days annual leave plus 3 Company days, life assurance, on-site gym and gain-sharing bonus.
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.