Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
Bristol-Myers Squibb has built a new state-of-the-art Multi-Product Cell Culture (MPCC) biologics manufacturing facility in Ireland, Cruiserath, Dublin 15 - a $1 billion investment. This new facility will significantly increase Bristol-Myers Squibb’s biologics manufacturing capacity and play a central role in its global manufacturing network.
BMS Cruiserath Biologics is seeking to recruit a permanent Senior Engineer, Utilities and Process Systems. Reporting to the Associate Director of Utilities & Facilities, the Senior Engineer, Utilities and Process Systems will work as part of the team to deliver site services across the site with a particular focus on Asset Reliability and Asset Lifecycle Management.
The successful candidate will support the System Owners and SME’s for Utility and Process Systems. This will include electrical systems, boilers, compressors, chillers, HVAC, water (potable/city/softened etc.), life safety systems, Waste Water Treatment Plant and Clean Utilities, etc. The role will also support the oversight of the Hard Services Provider.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with the Subject Matter Experts and Service Providers to maximise equipment utilisation of Engineering Systems and Equipment. This will include optimisation of plant operation, maintenance plans, standard operating procedures, risk assessments etc. with a particular focus on Asset Reliability and Asset Lifecycle Management.
- Ensuring that maintenance standards are set to ensure safe and reliable operations by driving Reliability Excellence.
- Pursuing & implementing new technologies and methodologies to meet the needs of a changing environment.
- Developing, manage and optimise services contracts and budgets with equipment vendors and Service Providers.
- Liaising with Subject Matter Experts to ensure that equipment failures, performance or other issues are responded to promptly and appropriately.
- Leading and Completion of RCA as required and develop corrective and preventative actions as required.
- Actively contribute in the development of the energy & water conservation management programs.
- Overseeing service delivery and maintaining and growing relationships with Service Providers in partnership with BMS stakeholders such as Operations, Maintenance, EHS, Quality, Procurement, global departments.
- Ensuring all the operating systems are in compliance with all Regulatory and Legal requirements including, EPA licence, Quality (cGDP/GMP’s), EHS, Global Engineering, design & construction directives, requirements & procedures.
- Participation in regulatory and corporate audits.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Bachelors (Level 8) or Master’s Degree in a relevant Science/Engineering discipline with at least 6 years’ experience providing technical expertise on an operating site.
- Experience in a biopharmaceutical manufacturing facility is advantageous.
- Broad knowledge of Process Design, Good Manufacturing Practices, Maintenance systems, and industry regulations related to the manufacture of pharmaceutical products.
- Demonstrated ability to build and sustain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders including Manufacturing, Quality, EHS, and local community and regulatory agencies to meet site and Business requirements.
Employees are expected to display the BMS Biopharma Behaviours, which enable them to be successful and perform at their highest level:
Passion: We pursue excellence to help patients prevail.
Innovation: We embrace new ideas.
Accountability: We own our outcomes and the outcomes of others.
Speed: We act with urgency and agility.
Why should you apply
- You will help patients in their fight against serious diseases
- You will be part of a company that encourages excellence and innovation, respects diversity, develops leaders and values its employees.
- You’ll get a competitive salary and a great benefits package including an annual bonus, pension contribution, family medical allowance, 23.5 days annual leave plus 3 Company days, life assurance, on-site gym and gain-sharing bonus.
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.