Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. Driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Key Responsibilities and Major Duties:
• Senior-level clinical operational leader who drives and leads the successful execution of all operational components of a large-scale, global clinical program using strong project management, leadership and organizational skills. Excellent communication skills required.
• Accountable for operational execution to support a diverse portfolio of work while proactively managing risks and issues.
• May contribute to the development of clinical operational strategy/development plan within that portfolio of work.
• Represents GCO Strategy organization on the Development and/or Medical Teams.
• Serves as the key GCO operational point of contact for the program and respective clinical trials.
• Demonstrates proactive, financial stewardship of their clinical program/trial(s).
• Inclusive in communications, strategy and decision making across the matrix teams ensuring consistent and concise messaging is provided at all times.
(Disclaimer: The responsibilities listed above are only a summary and other responsibilities will be requirements as assigned)
Supervisory Responsibility Provides Matrix Management oversight for operational support team(s)
Key Stakeholders/Contacts – describe this position’s key internal matrix relationships and key external stakeholders/clients: (Disclaimer: stakeholders listed below will vary and the list is not inclusive)
Development Team (DT), Medical Surveillance Team (MST), Global Regulatory Sciences and Biometrics (GBS) All GCO Functional Groups, Clinical Supply Operations (CSO), Global Quality and Regulatory Compliance (GQRC), Contract Research Organizations (CROs), Medical, Field Medical, Country Medical Heads/Directors, External Thought Leaders,, Advocacy Groups, Investigational Sites, and External Vendors/Partners
Minimum of BS/BA Degree Advanced degree is preferred.
- Experience – Responsibility and minimum number of years
- Strong leadership competencies and influencing skills with senior leaders and cross-functional leaders in a matrixed environment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills to influence, inform and guide a large scale global operational team.
- Broad clinical operational experience (registrational and/or post-approval) and strong project management skills.
- Ability to foster partnerships across projects and multidisciplinary teams
- > 10 years of direct experience and proven track record of independently leading and managing global clinical trial program(s)
- - + 3-5 years in a senior leadership position directing the operations of a large, matrixed global teams while developing and mentoring junior colleagues
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.