Drug Discovery Research
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
We are currently looking for a skilled, highly motivated and experienced Protein Biochemist, to join at a Research Associate level, in our Protein Engineering Group. The successful candidate will be expected to work on a variety of protein engineering projects to support the therapeutic candidate discovery efforts.
- Support protein conjugation projects to develop next generation of antibody-drug-conjugates.
- Protein expression of various antibodies and antigens in multiple expression systems (mammalian, insect, yeast, E. coli).
- Protein purification utilizing variety of methods including affinity, ion-exchange, hydrophobic, size-exclusion chromatography).
- Accomplish goals under project team time lines.
- BS degree with 5+ years of industry experience or MS degree with +2 years of industry experience. The degree should be in Biochemistry, Molecular and Cell Biology, Structural biology or similar field.
- Experience with designing and generating therapeutic antibodies, antibody variants and antigens.
- Experience in areas of bioconjugation is a plus.
- Experience with developing and implementing methods for purification and in-depth biochemical characterization of therapeutic candidates and reagents (RP-HPLC, mass spectrometry, SDS-PAGE, western analysis, ELISA).
- Highly organized, motivated, work independently and collaboratively, team-oriented.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.