Drug Discovery Research
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
Position Summary: Lead all efforts associated within the preclinical in vivo pharmacology component of all preclinical drug development programs (both small and large molecule) for the Tumor Microenvironment (TME) Modulation TRC which develops therapeutic targets at the intersection of tumor, stromal and immune biology with the TME to enhance responsiveness to checkpoint blockade
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead of team of approximately 15 scientists and effectively collaborate with TME Modulation TRC discovery and discovery translational biology colleagues as well as across the four Oncology-oriented TRCs and colleagues in supportive line functions (including nonclinical research & development, discovery biotherapeutics, small molecule drug discovery, translational medicine and project leadership) to advance preclinical development of therapeutic candidates to early clinical development
- Must possess a deep understanding of tumor cell, stromal and tumor-immune biology as well as pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics to appropriately develop or select preclinical rodent models to support candidate optimization, mechanism of action and efficacy studies to support preclinical oncology drug development
- Develop novel animal models that more closely mimic human cancer and answer mechanistic questions, validate early targets that have the potential to progress, and test and screen drug candidates using a wide range of animal models including syngeneic, PDX and GEMM models
- Scope of role and responsibilities:
- Preclinical PK/PD/efficacy studies
- Combination studies
- Preclinical model development that more closely recapitulate human cancer
- Centralized cell culture
- Study outsourcing oversight
- Ph.D. with at least 8 years of relevant industrial experience in preclinical pharmacology, oncology, immunology or related fields
- Expertise needed to lead both small and large molecule preclinical in vivo pharmacology programs from early target identification through to IND submission
- A proven track record in the field, as evidenced by publication and/or patent record
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.