Drug Dev and Preclinical Studies
We are seeking a highly-motivated research scientist with extensive experience in image analysis and feature extraction of immunohistochemistry (IHC) stains to join our Digital Pathology team in the Translational Bioinformatics group. This group of computational scientists is responsible for advancing Bristol-Myers Squibb’s industry-leading pipeline, within the Immuno-Oncology space, through the strategic application of cutting-edge pathology image analysis and bioinformatics approaches. The group interacts with and influences all aspects of R&D at BMS, from early discovery through late-stage development. The successful candidate must have experience in utilizing pathology image analysis software in the quantification of IHC staining expression, including tumor/stroma classification and cellular feature extraction. The candidate should be able to perform basic statistical analyses and data visualization data analysis packages such as R, Python, and/or MATLAB. Preference will be given to individuals who have experience with monoplex and multiplex stain quantification (chromogenic and/or fluorescent) using various software platforms including Halo, Visiopharm, and Inform.
- Hands-on implementation/support of pathology whole slide image analysis tools and technology.
- Working alongside image scientists in the digital pathology group to manage, prepare and analyze pathology whole slide images to support Immuno-Oncology and other disease areas.
- Perform basic statistical analyses and data visualization, including analytics associating image analysis features with response and survival data using cox regression models, hypothesis testing, ROC analysis, and other statistical tools
- Active participation in the testing of pathology image management and analysis systems, tools and technology
- Prepare and present findings from image analysis projects to other groups within BMS.
- Collaborate with other image scientists to propose, review and finalize future image analysis algorithm development and project work.
- PhD in Biomedical Engineering, Bioinformatics, Computer Science or related discipline; or M.S. with 3 or more years of related experience in a university pathology lab or pharmaceutical or biotech company
- Fluent in one or more digital pathology analysis software packages; including HALO, Visiopharm, Definiens, Inform and/or Aperio Image Analysis.
- Prior experience working within the biotech/pharma industry, processing and analyzing digitized pathology whole slide pathology images.
- Excellent programming skills in one or more analytics packages such as R, Python and/or MATLAB.
- Knowledge of various digital imaging scanner and/or experience imaging chromogen and fluorescent stains is desired.
- Prior experience in developing image analysis algorithms in feature extraction of tumor, stroma, and various cell types through stains and morphometric features is desired.
- Has developed and deployed image analysis workflows for capture, organization and storage in a GLP-like environment.
- Strong problem-solving and collaboration skills, and rigorous and creative thinking
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including an ability to collaborate effectively with lab scientists and pathologists
- The ability to work across organizations to define and solve problems that will benefit the whole. Capable of establishing strong working relationships across the organization.