Tips for Applying
Learn about our process and how to ace your application and interview.
Our Application Process
1. Find Your Opportunity
Search through our available internship, co-op, fellowship and leadership development positions online. Look for those that match your experience, ambitions and degree status. Join our Talent Community to be notified of new opportunities as they arise.
3. Engage with Us
Qualified applicants will be notified of opportunities for us to get to know each other better – through phone and online interviews, in-person visits and in some cases, skills and organizational-fit assessments.
2. Apply Now
Apply for the position(s) for which you qualify that most interest you. Pay close attention to deadlines and requirements. And follow our Application Tips to be sure that you show us who you are at your best.
4. Join Us!
Applicants determined to be the best fit for each position will be notified and offered the opportunity to work with us at Bristol Myers Squibb. Applications from highly qualified candidates who are not offered a position may still be retained and considered for other relevant opportunities.
Following the advice provided herein does not guarantee employment.
Your resume is often our first chance to meet you. Help yours stand out by making it:
- Clear – Skip or explain acronyms and show your most relevant accomplishments.
- Succinct – Keep it to a page, if you can.
- Accurate – Make sure your information is correct and consistent with your LinkedIn and other profiles.
- Error-free – Spelling, grammar and punctuation matter; proofread carefully!
- Do your homework and learn as much as you can about the program you want.
- Plan to ask questions as well as answer questions
- Prepare a one-minute response to “Tell me about yourself?”
- Prepare multiple copies of your resume and any other materials you will share
- Give yourself plenty of time to arrive at your onsite interview.
- Present yourself professionally, honestly, and be confident in your abilities.
- Limit distractions (i.e., texts, phone calls, barking dogs, etc.) for virtual interviews.
- Tell your story authentically with examples to showcase your skills and personality.
- Listen actively to your interviewer. Make eye contact, shake hands and say thank you when you leave.
- Always write a thank you note to the people you met here.
- Reiterate your enthusiasm for the position and interest in continuing the conversation.
Bristol Myers Squibb is an equal oppurtunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, gender expression, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. For our EEO Policy Statement, please visit www.bms.com/EEO-Policy.