Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
Bristol-Myers Squibb has built a new state-of-the-art Multi-Product Cell Culture (MPCC) biologics manufacturing facility in Ireland, Cruiserath, Dublin 15 - a $1 billion investment. This new facility will significantly increase Bristol-Myers Squibb’s biologics manufacturing capacity and play a central role in its global manufacturing network.
BMS Cruiserath Biologics is seeking to recruit a permanent Upstream Bioprocess Associate within the Manufacturing Operations group. Reporting to the Shift Lead, the Upstream Bioprocess Associate will support the ongoing manufacturing operations within the facility, as well as commissioning and qualification activities for the process equipment. This is a 24/7 shift role.
A typical day might include the following:
- Execution of commercial manufacturing processes according to established work instructions
- Creation of operating procedures & other relevant documentation for large scale manufacturing
- Operating production equipment within the assigned functional area
- Adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures
- Taking part in investigations and optimisation of processes using scientific, engineering and lean principles
- Proficient use of process automation systems (i.e. Delta V and Syncade Interactions, OSI/Pi Historian) and some supporting business systems (i.e. SAP. Trackwise, Maximo etc.)
- Assisting with review of batch and exception reports for manufacturing lots in conjunction with Quality Assurance representative and provide input to related investigations and QA audit activities
- Working with the manufacturing operations group, the project design team, the CQV team, & the Automation/Computer Systems Validation teams to facilitate the implementation of the project design, validation and operation of the MPCC manufacturing facility
- Engaging in and supporting a culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence through ownership of improvement for work processes, equipment and a safe working environment
This job might be for you if:
- You possess a minimum of Level 6 qualification in an Engineering/Science related discipline; however, relevant experience in a similar regulated industry will also be considered (e.g. cGMP, ISO or similar cleanroom industry experience strongly preferred)
- You have 3+ years’ working experience in a large-scale biopharmaceutical manufacturing facility
- You have experience with Delta V and MES or similar control and data acquisition systems
- You can demonstrate an ability to work independently and also as part of a team.
- You have a demonstrated problem-solving ability and the ability to adhere to scheduled timelines
- You have excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a cross-functional, collaborative and fast-paced environment
Due to the nature of the manufacturing role, shift work will be required as the site moves into 24/7 mode of operations.
Employees are expected to display the BMS Biopharma Behaviours, which enable them to be successful and perform at their highest level:
- Passion: We pursue excellence to help patients prevail. I set high standards for myself and others to win for our patients / I energize others / I strive to learn something new every day / I treat my patients, customers and colleagues with compassion, empathy and respect.
- Innovation: We embrace new ideas. I challenge the status quo / I seek and share bold idea that help BMS win / I pursue and understand diverse perspectives outside of BMS / I encourage and have constructive debates / I embrace change to drive innovative outcomes / I rebound quickly and learn from my mistakes.
- Accountability: We own our outcomes and the outcomes of others. I own BMS? Success by holding myself and others accountable / I share information in a transparent and honest way / I celebrate my successes and the successes of others / I coach and mentor others with good intent and purpose / I am inclusive and bring out the best in others / I understand what people do and the impact I have on them.
- Speed: We act with urgency and agility. I work with a sense of urgency / I focus on what’s important / I consult with the right people to move quickly / I seek efficient, effective solutions / I quickly assess potential risks and rewards / I break silos and eliminate unnecessary rules / I make decisions with resolve and enable others to do the same.
Why should you apply
- You will help patients in their fight against serious diseases
- You will be part of a company that encourages excellence and innovation, respects diversity, develops leaders and values its employees.
- You’ll get a competitive salary and a great benefits package including an annual bonus, pension contribution, family medical allowance, 23.5 days annual leave plus 3 Company days, life assurance, on-site gym and gain-sharing bonus.
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.